Chapter 15 - Promises

I was working on this and had a lot done, and then I went to do something for my cousins and when I got back it got deleted ;-;

Heads up, it gets sad--

~Rainbow Steve's POV~

"Rainbow Steve! We might have a lead to where a new artifact is!" Purple Steve explains excitedly and I look over at Night Steve. They nod.

"When I was exploring, I found some temple a while back and I could sense some strong energy inside it. I didn't go in to get it, because I was weak at that time; but I do remember where it was," Night Steve explains, and I smile brightly. "You do? That's great!" I shout and Blue Steve smiles brightly. 

"Yeah! Let's go!" Night Steve says and then we all start to get up, but then we remember something. "Maybe we should go to sleep first..." Yellow Steve says, and then yawns. I nod, and I look around to see everyone else nodding; even the new Orange Steve. We all walk over to where we made some small tents, and I go into mine, before realizing we have nowhere for Orange Steve and Night Steve to sleep. 

"H-Here, Blue Steve, you can come sleep with me, Purple Steve can sleep with Yellow Steve so that way there Orange Steve and Night Steve can have their own tents. Sound good?" I ask and everyone nods. I see a slight blush on Blue Steve's face, while I clearly have a brighter colored one on my own face. 

"You don't have to do that," Orange Steve says, and Night Steve nods in agreement. "We could just sleep on the ground or something," Night Steve explains. I shake my head 'no', "Please, if you're going to help us get the artifacts, the least we can do is let you sleep in a tent by yourself," I explain and they both slowly give in.

"Fine.." they say softly, and I smile, going back into my own tent. "Goodnight everybody!" I say and everyone responds, Sabre sounding in a bad mood. "Thanks again Blue Steve, you got me and Sabre to stop arguing for a few minutes," I say, and he nods weakly. 

"I feel bad..." he says softly, and I look up at him. He's looking down at his hands, making me hate the feeling I get in the bottom of my chest. "You shouldn't though..." I whisper, putting my hand on his shoulder. 

"Maybe if you didn't find me and bring me back, then you and Sabre could've been happy," Blue Steve says, and I feel a tear roll down my cheek. "But if you didn't come back, I don't know where I would be today..." I whisper, trying to convince him it's okay. 

"If I didn't come back, then instead of going on a journey that seems never ending, you could be happy," he says. "If I didn't come back, you wouldn't constantly be getting in dangerous places!" Blue Steve whisper shouts at me, knowing people are trying to sleep. 

"If you weren't here, I would be lost. I would not know what to next, and whenever I loose my smile I wouldn't be able to find it. You're what gives me my smile, you're what brings me happiness.." I whisper, crying softly. He turns around, and hugs me. "Promise me you won't leave me..?" I say through my cries, and he rubs a small circle along my back. 

"I promise..." he whispers, and then kisses me softly. 

~Sabre's POV~

I get up after a few minutes of being in my tent, just to hear some voices from where Rainbow Steve's tent is. I slowly open my tent, and walk around until I get near Rainbow Steve's tent. "Maybe if you didn't find me and bring me back, then you and Sabre could've been happy," I hear Blue Steve say softly, and I feel myself get rooted to the spot. He actually feels bad for being here?

Some words are said by Rainbow Steve, but it's impossible to hear from his quiet whisper voice. "If I didn't come back, then instead of going on a journey that seems never ending, you could be happy," Blue Steve whispers, still audible. "If I didn't come back, you wouldn't constantly be getting in dangerous places!" his voice is much louder than before, but still quiet enough that it won't wake everyone up. 

Some more sounds of Rainbow Steve's whispers are heard, but I'm not able to make out any words from the sounds. A pause is taken between what happens, only the sound of Rainbow Steve's quiet sobs. "Promise me you won't leave me..?" Rainbow Steve says, loud enough for me to hear. 

"I promise..." Blue Steve says, and then silence. 

I sigh, knowing that Blue Steve cares a lot about Rainbow Steve, more than I probably ever could; and Rainbow Steve cares about him too. I walk back into my tent, and then grab a book and quill. In it, I start to write a note for whoever finds it.  

If anyone is wondering, or if anyone cares, I'm going to go so I don't bring any more pain. Don't try and find me, I don't want to be found. 

I want you guys to keep going, and I want you guys to get all the artifacts. I realize a fault in the way I've been acting, and I don't want to screw anything else up. So, I'm leaving.. 

I'm sorry Rainbow Steve,

I'm sorry that I was such a jerk after finding out that you like Blue Steve and not me. I wasn't thinking. Tell Blue Steve I'm sorry. I overheard you two talking last night, and I realized that you don't need me when I just cause trouble. Cause pain. 

I'm sorry, I guess I was being a little selfish. 

That's all I got to say...

~Sabre

I close the book and sign it, before walking out of the tent. I left the book in the tent, and just start to walk aimlessly in the night. 

~~~

This took forever to re-write after it got deleted ;-; Oh well, 1k words! Anyway, I got to go help my dad now, but I'm going to finish updates. I have a chapter of another book over halfway finished, so after that I got a few things. So, I'll be back soon!

~KoOkIe CoOkIe