Chapter 38- Planning

CHAPTER 38 ;)

The next day I found myself sitting in bed thinking about Vanessa. It was very wrong for me to feel tiny amount of feelings for my former student. I stared down at my phone wondering whether or not I should call her… or whether or not I should wait for her to call me first. Would I sound desperate calling her?

I mean the woman is like 33? I’m only 29…

I felt my phone vibrate a little from where it laid between my palms. I looked down at the screen seeing ‘Dianna’ it was a text from her. I opened it and read those few words no one likes to hear or see.

“Zach, I really need to talk to you :’[ call me?”

I sat it down without even replying.  I’d rather be with someone a few years older than with someone who’s not even done with high school. Vanessa seems pretty educated, smart, and independent.

I should call her… or at least text her first?

Grabbing my phone once again I started going to Vanessa’s contact and clicked it texting her ‘hey’. Almost immediately she replied with hi and a smiley. We started texting a little bit before she wanted to call me. When she did she at first sounded a little… nervous? We soon started talking about that unexpected kiss yesterday. She laughed about it… well we laughed about it. It really felt good to have someone who would understand me in a way. She felt the same way about the elections of Obama and Romney. She would laugh about the little stories I’d randomly tell her and then I’d laugh at the ones she’d tell me about.

“So… I was just about to head out to the mall later.” She started as I walked around my house in random circles. “Would you like to join me? Maybe go out for lunch?”

“Umm.. that sounds, pretty  good” I smiled knowing she couldn’t see me. “Around what time?”

“How about 12:30?”

“Sounds great, I’ll pick you up”

“Alright, I’ll text you my address in a minute” I looked at the time to see it was 11:47 and that I had enough time to get ready.

“See you then” She said before hanging up. I put my phone down and went to start a shower. Going to my closet I looked through it pulling out an all-black button down shirt that looked more casual then formal. Then I grabbed a pair of denim jeans and my shoes before setting them on my bed. Proceeding to take my shower I scrubbed my body down and washed my hair when I finished I dried off and pulled on a pair of boxers and my jeans. Brushing my teeth I noticed my face was a little prickly when I finished I washed off my face before shaving.  I checked my self over carefully inspecting my face and then washing my hands off. Drying them and leaving my room grabbing my keys, phone, then leaving the house.