Chapter 15- You're kidding??

Mia's POV
I froze. Like actually froze. I had to like process. She was joking.

"You're kidding right?"

"No Mia I'm not it's true"

"How did this happen? Why did you result to that kind of lifestyle? You have everything you need"

"I know that but circumstances had me no choice. But it's nothing bad. I don't be there half the time."

"I know that but what exactly do you do there I mean you can't even fight to defend yourself?"

"I am the gang's hacker"

Dang it! I should have guessed it

"Now that makes alot of sense"

We laughed.

"You're not mad at me are you?"

"Of course not. I don't think it's bad. I thinks it's a hobbie and it's cool"

She smiles.

"Thank you Mia. Means a lot to me"

"Anytime but if you don't mind can I ask you a question?"

"You already did"

I laughed.

"Does your dad know?"

She frowned and her body tightened.

"No he does not know"

"Sammy, he needs to know"

"I know but it's something that I always wanted to do and my dad would never"

"I mean a hacker is not a job it's a hobbie"

"Yes I know."

"If it makes you happy then I'm happy"

She smiles and gave me a large hug.

"Thank you"

We had our lunch and headed back to the office.

"Well thank you for lunch I'm going to go home now"

"You're boring!"

"I'm not I have important things to do you know"

"Oh I know"she smirked.

Wow!

"Bye!"

"Bye talk to you later!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dropped myself on the couch as I opened the entrance to the house. I sighed. Sammy was right. I AM bored.

I don't know what to do. My talk with my dad went nowhere and plus I ended the conversation having to mention my stepmother. I knew how my mother looked. I really missed her. I mean I have Linda but it's not enough.

"Hey sweetie are you okay?"

I looked up to see Linda. She was towering over me with my favourite chocolate brownies.

"Yea it's been a rough week"

"I know that's why I made you your favorite brownies"

"I see that. Thank you so much I really needed something and someone to cheer me up"

She handed me the tray of brownies and sat next to me.

"You know I don't have alot of things to do around here since it's you and Jack here but I always keep myself occupied with something cause if I don't I think about life. Just a little something to think about"