Chapter 38 - Trust Issues

Warning:  Certain parts of this chapter has mature language and scenes. Just wanted to mention before hand. It is my first time writing scenes like this so don't judge too hard😂. But do enjoy :)

Mia's POV

All I ever wanted from him was to be there for me and be the type of father who wants the best for his daughter without any selfish desire. I wanted to have someone who I can talk to and be carefree with. It couldn't be that way with him.

I don't believe he would ever see me as someone with a heart. At this point I don't know who he is to me and why he's still involved in my life.

"Mia.....Are you okay?" I drifted back to reality where I saw Sammy and her dad staring at me, worriedly.

"I'm okay...don't mind me." I held her hands and made her face me.

"Why was he here in the first place?''

She looked puzzled before she threw herself on the sofa closest to her.

"How do I explain myself to you Mia? I work in Justin's company. Isn't that a reason for your dad to come here and tell me the worst?"

"You know how much he hates Justin and anyone who interferes and I happen to be in the middle. Don't worry too much about it"

"Worry too much? Sammy, coming into your own home and scolding you for something I'm sure was not your fault is something that is worrisome for me. He could've waited till tomorrow in the office. He was behaving personal instead of professional. Even though his distaste for Justin is more of a personal than professional reason. It still does not give him the right to talk to you like that!"

"But he's your dad-"

"I'm going to stop you right there. He is NOT my father. Maybe biologically. But when it comes to being one....I've told him where he stands in my life."

I felt a wave of anger mixed with a hint of sadness admitting to that. I felt lonely now. Even though I knew he is still going to mix his business with my life and continue as if everything is happy and normal.

"Mia.... I'm sorry you had to witness what happened today-"

"No, don't apologize to me. I'm glad I decided to come otherwise I knew you weren't going to tell me anything, which is the only thing I'm grateful for."

Sammy rolled her eyes.

"What did you even come here for in the first place?"

"Earlier you left in a rush and angry manner and I felt like it was my fault since I was pressuring you, not knowing how much stress you have been under. Justin made me realize that you have been dealing with a lot which is why you lashed out on me. I don't give you any wrong. I am annoying sometimes."

"Sometimes?"

"Hey! You're pushing your luck here." We laughed it off.

"I'm glad you girls are good. I'll be upstairs for a while. Sammy, meet me before you go home okay?" She nodded respectfully and it made my heart feel warm seeing her relationship with her dad and how easy he made it look.

"Uncle, I apologize for my excuse of a father. He doesn't know what he's talking about." He chuckled slightly and shook his head.

"It was Steve's mistake, not yours. No need for an apology. I'm a dad to you just like Sammy so I don't want to hear you calling me uncle again ok?"

My heart felt full upon hearing his words.

"So it's okay for me to call you dad?" he nodded in agreement which made a smile appeared on my face.