Chapter Twenty-Three

{VOTE, COMMENT, FAN! Comments make my day!}

Picture: Sam Kendler

Sam's POV:

"I can do this," I mumble as I hop out of my car. "I can do this."

But, in reality, I feel like I can't. I don't want to look at my parents and see the disgust on their faces; I don't want to hear them tell me how disappointed they are.

I don't want to be compared.

I knock on the door, my heart thumping against my chest so hard I'm afraid it might break my ribs and fly out of it.

The door opens and there stands my mother, a fake smile plastered to her face, the perfect façade. When she sees it's me, though, she drops the smile and annoyance and anger fill her features.

"What do you want, fag?" She asks in a flat tone, her eyes blazing with hate. I wince at her words as she is not even addressing as "son" or "Sam" anymore.

Just "fag".

I gulp and set a determined look upon my own face. "I came to get my stuff," I say with as much confidence as my body will allow. "I will only be here for a few minutes, and I'll promise I won't speak with you ever again."

My dad joins her, a fake smile set on his lips. But, just as my mother, he drops it when he sees me, settling for a scowl. "Linda, what is it doing here?"

It.

Once again, I'm addressed as a thing, not a human being. I hate it, but I urge myself to be confident.

"It wants to get it's shit," My mother explains in a hard voice, her eyes never leaving me. "I told you you had a week to get it, but you didn't. Do you honestly expect me to give it to you?"

Just then, Macy comes next to my parents, smiling when she sees me. "Mother, father, I want to speak to Sam," My sister tells my parents, her face saying that no isn't an answer.

My parents give me another hateful glare before walking off to probably bitch about me being in their house.

"I love you so much," I tell my sister as I wrap her in a hug, squeezing the life out of her. "Thank you."

She kisses my cheek and pulls out of my arms, smiling. "Anything for you, little brother," Her smile drops, though, and a wary look enters her eyes. "We need to talk."

I nod my head, and head to my bedroom, where- thankfully- my belongings are still in one piece. I grab two suitcases out of my closet and start to fill them with boxers, wife beaters, socks, shirts, and pants. I pack the clothes into the suitcase best as I can and watch as my sister paces my old bedroom, biting her lip.

"Mac, out with it," I say as I pack my shoes in with the clothes and zip up the suitcase. I move on to the next one and put my laptop, Xbox, and other various objects into it.

"Reagen," She says quietly, making me stop all actions and turn to face her. "Reagen is back."

Kayden's POV:

"But why!" West whines and shakes my shoulders, his eyes pleading. "Why does he have to come?! Can't he go, I don't know, be with his girlfriend or something?!"

Right now, I'm inside West's house, Darren waiting for us in the car. "Because he is Sam's friend and I want to try to get to know him better. Bella has plans, Darren says, and can't hang out until tonight. So kindly shut the fuck up and just go with it."

West scowls and continues to bitch and moan. "But it will be awkward after the kiss and everything!" He pouts. "He probably thought it was revolting and when he sees me he might start puking and what if I start my rambling?! Ugh, this is a bad idea..."

I roll my eyes and pull my best friend out of his room. "Bye Mr. Destry!" I call to West's dad, earning a wave from him, and tug West out of the house.

When Darren sees us, his eyes flicker over West before returning to his phone. "I sense some Werren going on," I whisper to West as he opens the car door, climbing into the backseat. He flips me off and glares at my car's floor, finding one of Sam's shoes the most interesting thing in the world.

"Well..." I say once we're all settled in. "I can see how awkward this is gonna be, so let's get going."

Darren scowls and stares out the window, not trying to make conversation at all. West smiles ear to ear when Trumpets comes on the radio. "I love this song!" He cheers and starts to sing along.

"No one cares if you love it," Darren growls. He is such a pleasant person, I can see him hugging stray puppies and kissing babies. "And shut the hell up, your singing is even worse than that band all you fags like."

"Which one? One Direction or Five Seconds of Summer? I know you love both of then, I hear you singing their songs all the time," West jeers, a scowl setting on his face. Hm, I guess West can be a douche like Darren when he wants...

Darren turns to West and narrows his eyes. "No, 'cause they are all cock suckers like you,"

"If we wanna talk about sucking things, let's talk about how you got a hard on when you sucked my face," West shoots back, a don't-test-me tone in his words.

Darren's face turns red, and I'm not sure if it's from embarrassment or from anger. Probably both. "You were probably feeling your own pants, you queer!"

"Okay!" I finally interject. "That is enough. We are going to a children's movie, and I doubt parents want their kids to hear about guys getting boners from each other."

Darren growls one more time before leaning against the window and not talking for the rest of the ride to the Cinemas.

"Big Hero 6!" West jumps up and down in his seat as the movie starts, our 3D glasses on and popcorn and candy and soda in our hands. "Ugh, I have been dying to see this movie!"

"Of course you have," Darren grumbles from next to me. He didn't object when I suggested I sit in between him and my best friend. "You're the only eighteen year old that would be."

"I'm still seventeen!" West pouts and shoves popcorn into his mouth.

Darren rolls his eyes and says "Yeah, but your turning eighteen in a month,"

West shoots Darren a curious look. "How did you know?" I knew that West and I had fairly close birthdays, and we were planning on having a party together, but I remember West only talking about his birthday only once.

"You talked about it once..." Darren shrugged and took some popcorn, West and Darren's hands touching briefly making them both jerk their hands away.

"I feel like I'm third-wheeling on a date," I whisper, watching as the movie starts. "Hashtag Team Werren."

Darren punches me roughly in the arm and glares, crossing his arms across his chest and watching the movie in silence.

"Badaladala," Baymax says as he gives Hiro a knuckle touch, making all of us laugh, even Darren.

"Hey, I gotta piss," I whisper to West and Darren and make my way to the bathrooms. I pass two guys kissing, which makes me smile. But, seeing who one of the guys is, my smile drops into a horrified frown.

Because kissing another man, his arms wrapped around the guy's neck, is Sam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All in favor of beating Sam with a metal bat say I!

All in favor of seeing West and Darren kiss say I!

HI!

I'm pissed at Sam right now, and I kinda wanna beat him with a small child

BUT ANYWAY!

I looooove u guys!

THANK YOU FOR TWO THOUSAND READS! AH, UR THE BEST!

XO

ALYSSA! ;)