Chapter Seventeen

Sam's POV:

"How long has he been like this?" West asks as he takes a seat next to Kayden. Ever since Kayd heard about his dad wanting to see him, he totally shut down. He hasn't talked in nearly three hours and is just staring at his bedroom wall with a blank look.

I take Kayden's hand in mine, but he doesn't react, he just stares at nothing, his face blank of all emotions. Darren leans over me and West and snaps in my boyfriends face. "He's not reacting at all," Darren says, his voice indifferent even though his eyes hold worry. Despite his constant telling Kayd he hates him, my best friend does care for my boyfriend.

Mrs. Whitly comes in, tears still in her eyes and tear stains on her face. "The doctor says he will come here since Kayden is not even reacting," She stares at Kayden, her usually beautiful blond hair in waves is now pulled into a messy bun, falling into her eyes and sticking to her face with tears.

I move to give her a hug, taking her small frame into my arms and hugging her with all the love and care I can summon up. Once Pattie's arms are wrapped around me, she starts to cry all over again, sobbing almost as hard as Kayden had. "It's all my fault," She cries, clinging to me like her life depends on it. "I should have told his father no, but he said he would find a way to see Kayd anyway. I-I didn't know Kaydie would react like that!"

My eyes wander from Mrs. Whitly's small body to Darren, West and Kayden. I can see tears staring to form in the purple haired boys eyes, while Darren stares sadly at Kayd.

"Please, Kayd," West whispers, pulling Kayden into his arms. "Kayden, talk, please. Listen to me, listen to Sam and your mom and Darren. We all love you Kayden, and we promise we won't let your dad hurt you."

A knock comes from the front door and Pattie lets go of me to go answer it. When she's gone-her sniffles echoing the halls- I go and stand beside West since he took the spot next to Kayd.

As I watch my boyfriend stare at the wall, face pale, eyes bloodshot and blank, body shaking, I start to cry. And not silent tears, but full blown sobbing. Darren's warm arms wrap around me, and I lean into my best buds touch, happy to have at least one of the people I love comfort me.

A young man in a dark black coat and jeans walks into the room, his blondish-brown hair swept off his forehead. A smile appears when he sees us, and he makes his way to the bed, Mrs. Whitly following. "Boys, this is Doctor Kentari. Doctor Kentari, this is my sons friends West and Darren" She moves her hand to gesture to my friends. "And Kayden's boyfriend, Samuel." Her hand flureshes to me, and I smile weakly at the surprisingly handsome doctor.

He's gonna fix Kayden. He's gonna make him better and Kayd and I will work out our problems as a team. When Pattie told me about Kayden and his father, I immediately called Hannah and told her an emergency came up and I needed to reschedule. I guess I sounded pretty upset because she said okay without hesitation and told me to work it out.

"Hello boys," The doctor extends his hand our way, all of us shaking it. Minus Kayd of course, who is still shaking and staring at the wall as if it holds the cure for cancer. "You can just call me Matt if you'd like." He shoots a charming smile my way, causing me to press against West as I grab Kayden's hand.

Matt stares at our hands for a second before turning his attention to Kayden. "Please, explain what happened and what he's doing." Mrs. Whitly and us boys take turns describing what happened and what Kayden is doing, which is just a whole lot of nothing.

Kentari nods his head slowly before snapping his fingers in front of my boyfriend's face. "Well," Matt leans back in the desk chair placed next to Kaydie's bed. "I think he is just in shock. He is okay, he will be okay, just make sure you keep and eye on him. Right now he is also depressed, which could lead to suicidal thoughts and/or actions. Keep him in bed with someone watching him 'round the clock. Switch if you have to, but don't let him out of your sight. Force feed him if he isn't eating within a day, and make sure he drinks. He should at least be responsive to having a drink in front of him or food. Other than that, he should be fine but... Don't let his father near him, if Kayden was to see him he will go in permanent shock and that would be much worse."

Another knock came from the front door, and Mrs. W says she'll get it before scurrying off.

"So, how old are you guys?" Matt asks as he takes a seat on the edge of the bed. "Let me guess, you- purple hair- nineteen. Annnd you, brown eyes- eighteen," Kentari turns to me and flashes a charming grin. "Eyebrows, you're twenty."

I scowl and run a finger along my thick eyebrows. Well, Mr. Doctor, Kayden thinks my thick eyebrows are sexy, so you can shut it. "We are all eighteen. Let me guess, your forty?"

He shakes his head. "Twenty nine," A smug smirk takes over his face. "Only eleven years apart. Well, that's not to young for me."

Darren and West's eyes widen while a sudden surge of anger makes me stand to my feet and scowl at him. "Don't you dare fucking hit on me while my boyfriend is sitting there like that!" I start to make my way toward the doctor when Darren and West grab my arms.

"Okay, that's enough," Darren continues to restrain me, despite my thrashing. "I'm sure he was kidding, Sam. You were kidding, right Doctor?"

Matt stands to his feet and stops a few feet in front of me. Smart man. "Listen, man, I'm just teasing. I'm straight, got a wife and a baby back home."

"So you're making fun of my sexuality then?!" I finally break from my friends grip and grab Kentari by his shirt collar. "Listen here, asshole: Don't fucking mess with me or my boyfriend or I will mess with your face, got it?" Matt nods his head rapidly, fear taking over his expression.

A small knock comes from my door, and my sister, Macy, walks in. "Aw man, Sam, don't kill him," Mac groans and walks over to me, gently taking my hands off of Matt's shirt. "Sorry 'bout him, he's a bit cray."

The doctor quickly backs away from us, his hands held in surrender. "Okay, please don't hurt me," Doctor Kentari walks into the doorframe before bolting out the door. "This visits on me! Just don't hurt me!"

The front door slams shut, and seconds later Pattie walks in, her perfectly plucked eyebrows raised. "I leave you alone with him for not even two minutes and he comes out screaming and begging I don't let you kill him. Sam?"

I smile sheepishly while pulling my sister into a hug. "Hey, Mac," I give her a kiss on the cheek and pull her towards the bed. "We have a lot to catch up on."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! Have an unimportant chapter! At least it's semi-long!

I think...

Ohhhh well!

Hey, u. Yes u, right there. Beautiful or handsome (depends if ur a boy or a girl lol). Why don't u vote for this chapter, then go to my page and check out my new book called "More to Me (BoyxBoy)" I WILL LOVE U FOREVER!!!!!

OKIE DOKIE

LOOOOOVE U!!!!

XO

Alyssa ;-)