Chapter Nine

Picture: Kayden Whitly

Kayden's POV:

"I think you look amazing," West tells me from his spot on the bed, watching me through the mirror before me. "If you didn't have the hots for Sam I would drag you to the bed right this second." My eyes roll as I mess with my hair for the hundredth time. My blonde hair is set in a wave that almost covers my eye and is as soft a can be. My clothes are simple yet flattering, a black leather jacket covering a simple black T-shirt, a pair of blue jeans and black Vans.

Finally turning towards West, I give him a big smile. "You know, if I didn't like Sam I would like you," I admit as I take a seat next to the purple haired boy, his face brightened by the smug smirk on it.

"I know, I'm just that sexy," He runs a hand through his shockingly purple hair and sends a wink my way, making me laugh. "Well, you have about an hour, what do you want to talk about?"

I lean against my headboard, and for the next hour, West and I talk about everything under the sun. He tells me about how he found out he was gay when he was nine. He had a huge crush on his best friend, which is the reason their friendship ended. West tells me about how his father was kind of upset when he found out his son was gay, but no matter what West was, his dad loved him regardless.

His purple hair- dyed that because it's his favorite color- is not only a symbol of his "hotness", but also a symbol of gayness and how he isn't afraid for the world to know it. That's the thing I envy about West, his not being afraid to show the world his true colors. I would never in a million years be able to tell anyone I'm gay other than West- who is my closest friend- and my family- no duh there.

Not even Sam, who admitted to me he was gay. Samuel Kendler is gay. I swear, I'm in heaven. Or a dream. Oh please let this not be a dream. When West is rambling on about his older sister and how she keeps trying to set him up with her gay friend, I subtly pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.

Yeah, it's not a dream.

"Okay tiger, your time to shine is now," West says after about an hour. "Knock 'em dead! Well... Don't literally knock Sam dead 'cause then you wouldn't be able to have sex with him... So just have fun and don't make a fool out of yourself."

I roll my eyes as my friend pushes me out the door and into the hallway. "Aren't you leaving too?" West has been over my house since last night, he fell asleep and I didn't bother to wake him up, because last time I tried, absolutely nothing happened.

West shakes his head. "I'm gonna hang out with June Bug," He tells me as we make our way downstairs. "Your sister is really cool to hang around once she stops trying to seduce you." I snicker at the thought of June trying to seduce West and failing miserably.

I give West a hug- evading the kiss he tries to steal- and yell goodbye to my mom and sister before running to my car and jumping in. This could either be the best time ever, or this could go horribly, horribly wrong.

...

I arrive at Sam's in less than five minutes, but sit in the car for about three or four to collect my thoughts. You can do this, I tell myself. You can do this Kayd, it's not like it's a date.

"Are you gonna sit in your car for an hour or are you gonna come inside my house," A familiar voice asks me, making me jump and let out a tiny yelp. I look over to the window and see Sam leaning in it, laughing crazily at me.

"Shut up!" I laugh before getting out of my car. "Thank you for the damn heart attack, nice to see you too." I roll my eyes but can't help but get antsy at how hot Sam looks. White T-shirt that is pulled tight over his muscles, showing his abs and all their glory. He has blue jeans like me, but they make his ass look glorious.