Chapter Six

Picture: Macy Kendler

Sam's POV:

After talking to my sister and confessing to her that I'm gay, I walk inside and pace my living room, waiting for my parents to get home.

I already told Macy, and she doesn't exactly keep secrets well, so it's only a matter of time before mom and dad find out about my sexuality.

My parents have always frowned against gay people, and when my sister watched Glee, they would always make a noise when they saw Kurt and Blaine.

I would always have a snarky comment to say about them, too, but little did I know that one day I would be falling for a guy.

"Stop pacing, your making me nervous," Macy tells me from her seat on the couch, rolling her eyes but giving me a warm smile. "Chill out, little bro, mom and dad are going to be okay about it. I promise you."

Just as she finishes the sentence, the doorbell rings, a soft dinging noise that seems to calm my nerves for one reason or another. "I'll-"

"I got it!" Macy jumps off the couch and rushes to the door, smoothing out her black dress before opening the door with a smile on her face. "Hi, how can I help you? Are you a friend of Sam's?"

Friend of mine? Well fuck, that must mean the whole school is here.

Not being cocky, just stating.

Curiosity gets the best of me and I make my way towards my sister, expecting to see one of the guys from the football team.

What I don't expect to see is Kayden, standing there with a look of sheepishness, his hair pushed against his forehead sexily and his clothes extenuating his muscles. Not that he has much, but what he has is brought out against his tight white shit.

His face pales slightly when he sees me, and I guess it's from me ditching him. I really should explain myself, but how exactly would I explain it? Oh yeah, sorry about leaving you. I was just really scared I would kiss you and do something I would regret.

Yeah, that's out of the question. If he brings it up, I will come up with an excuse, but by the way he is stuttering, I doubt he will actually speak at all.

"Uh... I... Um..." He attempts to smile, but it's weak and nervous. "Hi... I left my phone here... In your bathroom I think..." His face is the color of a rose, and the way his eyes keep shifting from mine to the floor makes me smile at him.

"Oh, okay I'll help you look," I move my sister over, who is watching me with one eyebrow raised and a smirk on her face. She knows that this is the boy I like even though I refused to give her a name. In a charming gesture, I bow slightly and flourish my arm. "Please, come in."

At my corny (yet hopefully sexy) gesture, Macy snorts and pats my head. Older sisters, thinking they can pat our heads like they are so much higher than us.

Macy runs up the stairs, calling over her shoulder "Have fuuuuuun," She snickers and sends a wink my way before disappearing down the hall, her laughter faint yet loud all at once.

"Sorry about her," I rub the back of my neck and avoid making eye contact with Kayden. "She is a bit... Weird. You get used to her after a while." By saying this, I am basically implying that I want Kayden around more often, which is true, but saying it feels weird and foreign on my lips.

His mouth opens as if to speak, but no sounds come out, making him just stand there with an open mouth, staring at me nervously. His mouth closes after a while, and I finally build up the confidence to apologize. "Kayden, I wanted to apologize for what happened the other night. I ran away because... Because I thought I heard Macy- my sister- calling me. It was rude for me to leave like that, but it sounded urgent."