Ch 9

I probably wont be updating until the end of November, so i decided to upload a new chapter sooner :) and vote!!
_________________________________

He adjusted the mic. He was holding a guitar. The guitar that Luke brought. Now i knew what was going on.
Everyone stopped talking and looked at the stage. "Hi, I'm Jai Brooks. Uh, Im new here,  umm..." He seemed a little bit awkward. "so yea, i guess you guys wonder why i am on the stage. I am going to play a song, i know its really random but hope you guys like it" Jai said and he started to play.
The music started. I was really familiar with this song. It had been weeks that i listened to it before i went to bed everyday. I love this song.
"We watch the season pull up its own stage....."
 Stolen by dashboard confessional.
"You have stolen my heart"
I sang with the lyrics. I liked the song not only because the melody but also the lyrics.

Jai looked really focused on the stage. His bangs looked messy right now because of the wind.
People swung side by side.

I always dreamed about someone would sing this to me and tell me that he liked me.

"Thank you guys!" Jai finished the song and went off the stage. Everyone clapped their hands and nodded their heads.
Jai walked toward me with the guitar.
"What do you think?" Jai asked.
" I like it. I didnt know you play guitar! I couldnt believe you didnt tell me you were going on stage tonight!"
"It was my first time playing the guitar in front of so many people, espeically in front of the people that go to the same school with me. I got a little nervous, therefore, i wanted to keep it as a secret ."
"How did you learn playing guitar? Do you take classes or?" I asked.
"Youtube. It is everything that i need."
"I like guys who play guitar." I blurtted out. Oops.
"You like those band guys?" Jai said, surprised. He might think i like guys who got tattoos all over their arms.
"Not really, just normal guys who play guitar."
"Anyways,  now everyone knows this new kid got something."
"Yeah, they know now. I think you impressed them. They  like it."   I said.
"Alternative rock never dies." Jai said and i did the rock hand sign and stuck out my tongue.
He laughed when i did it. I must look stupid.

"Smile!" We didnt notice Meghan was near us. She was probably the only person that i really talked to at school, but we we were not like really close friends. She liked to take pictures so she brought her camera everywhere.
I heard the flashlight click sound and i covered my face because the light was too bright.
"Oh, i think im blind." Jai said.
"Yeah, me too." I said and we both laughed.
"Aw, Ellie, you guys look cute together!" Meghan said.
"Ohh, no, we are not together." I said.
"You guys are not...dating?!" Meghan said, pointing at us.
"We are just friends." Jai said.
"I see..." Meghan said, nodding her head.
"Did you see them? " Meghan said. She didnt like Maddy and Bree either, so I knew she was referring them.
"No, i dont think they are invited." I said.
"Who's them?" Jai asked.
"Maddy and Bree and..their friends." I said. It was still a little bit strange to me when i said 'their friends', because i used to be Maddy's friend.
"So you guys have a code for them already?' them'?" Jai said.
"You can say that." I said.
" Well, im going to take more pictures. If I got some bad ones, they will beg me not to upload them. I could make good use of these photos by blackmailing them." Meghan said jokingly.
"You are not going to upload the one you just took, right?" I asked.
"Of course not. I'll just email to you." Meghan said to me.
"By the way, good performance Jai. See you guys later." Meghan said and left.

Luke walked over.
"Hey, I havent seen you all night. You missed Jai's performance!" I said.
"He practiced at home all the time. I didnt want to hear it again so i escaped." Luke said.
"Im better than you, admit it." Jai said.
"You play one song and now you are better than me. I can see the irony. "
"Anyways, im going to thank John for letting me play , back later!" Jai said.
"Alright!" I said.

"This party was mad! How do you get used to this?" Luke said.
"I never get used to it. So did you party a lot when you were at your old school?"
"Sometimes."
"What about Jai?"
"Barely."
"Oh."  Jai just kept surprising me.
"So who's this girl i saw you talking to in the hallway the other day? Are you guys hanging out or something?" I asked.
"What girl? Im not seeing anyone?"
"Then do you see any girl you like here?"
"Uh, Yes."
"Who?"
"Im not telling you."
"Why?"
"It doesnt matter.She wont like me anyways."
Was he kidding? Who was this girl?
"Are you kidding me? Well, is she taken?"
"Mmm...no."
"Then make your moves!"
"Nah, i cant."
I looked around.
"Is the one in the purple dress?"
"Nope."
"The one who's in pink?"
"No."
"Mmm....that  blonde?" I said. I pointed to that blonde, who was standing beside the pool.
"No, Ellie, why would you care so much?"
"I dont know, because im your friend?"  I said.
Luke shrugged.
"Jai told me about the stalker. That guy was fucking creepy." he said.
"Yeah, it was crazy, but he is not going to stalk me anymore, im sure. Jai scared him away." I said.
"Wow, someone was scared of Jai? Why?" Luke said, i knew he was going to make fun of him.
"He was pretty tough though." I said. I remembered i texted Jai because i reckoned he was still at school and most importantly, he was the first person that i thought of at that time.
"Im tough, you just dont know yet." Jai heard our conversation and walked to us.
"I'd love to see sometimes , really." Luke said, teasing him.