CH 13

It's a long chapter cuz i already finished my midterm so i can write longer yeah!
________________________________

While Ellie was upstairs, I called my mom said I wouldnt be home any sooner because I was at Ellie’s. I heard Beau and Luke shouting something in the background, I thought I just heard ‘girlfriend’s house’ and i rolled my eyes. Yeah, right. Like she would like me.They grabbed the phone and started to mock at me like usual. They didn’t even let me talk so I just hung up the phone.
The door opened and it was her mom.
"hi, Jai, where's Ellie?"  I couldnt help but think her mom was checking up on us.
"Ellie was getting some books upstairs. We're about to study." I said.
"Ellie studies on the vacation....no surprise. Just keep the books away from her, okay?" her mom said while walking quickly to the other room. I nodded but her mom didnt see it. She was acutally a bit funny. So Ellie was the one who put the pressure on herself, not her parents. Well, i didnt know about her dad, but it was probably just Ellie.
Her mom came back really soon with a bag.
"I forgot to bring the cookies."  she said. "All right, Im going to take off." and the door was closed again.

Ellie went downstairs with a pile of books and two pencils and erasers. She looked like she was going to fall with her hands holding so many things, I rose up and helped her out. She looked at me shyly and sat down with me. 

"I thought i just heard my mom's voice?" Ellie asked.
"Yes, she forgot to take the cookies with her. So what's this party about?" I found myself funny when I didnt know what kind of party i was going to go tomorrow.
"Lily is my cousin,  tomorrow is her birthday."
"She's five by the way. You change your mind?"
"No! Of course i will go!" I said. A five year old kid birthday might not sound interesting but i didnt really care because Ellie would be there.

“Then let’s start with math.” Ellie said while and handed me her pencil. She took out the math textbook and explained the concept again and let me do the exercise. Still, I didn’t really know what I was doing. I just picked some random numbers and divided them.Probably because i wasnt listening to her while she was speaking.I could see her mouth moving but i didnt really know what she was saying. I was distracted.
Ellie knew i couldnt understand so she took out her pencil.
“I’ll write these things down for you.” Ellie explained while writing the formula and other things i couldnt unserstand on the margin slowly. I looked at her brown fluffy long hair rested on her shoulders, her cute little nose, and her brown eyes....we had the same eye color. 
"What are you looking? Is there something on my face?"
"No, no, you keep writing." You kept writing so i could look at you. Jai! I shook my head and tried to concentrate.

The things she taught me were useful. After an hour or so, I thought I started to get the hang of it. These tricks were amazing. I just needed to memorize some signal and numbers and then, BOOM! The correct answer was out!

“So all the food you bought was in your car?” Ellie said as I finished ten exercises in a raw. When i was doing the exercises, she just sat besides me and saw if i was stuck. This had never happened to me before, doing so many exercises within a short time. Normally i got distracted while doing math by myself because i could barely get the answers right. I had to admit i was tired but somehow not as tired as I thought. Studying was surely not a pleasant thing to do, especially on vacation but with Ellie’s company, it didn’t seem to be that annoying.

“Yeah, why? Oh! The fish....” I almost forgot that I had food in the car.
“You can use our refrigerator.” Ellie said. That was a good idea because I would probably stay here for another two or three hours.

“I’ll just get the food right now.” I said and stood up. I got things out of my car while Ellie holding the door for me.

Ellie led me to the kitchen and I put the stuff in the refrigerator. Wow….the kitchen was two times bigger than ours. They had a nice breakfast counter and a big refrigerator along with different kinds of tools and pans.