You Got Me a What?!

Beyonce POV

"Beyonce Giselle Knowles! Get your ass here otherwise we will be late!" I heard Solange shout on top of her lungs like she owned the place. I wouldn't be surprised if the neighbours complained about the noise from my apartment.

"Sorry babe. I gotta go," I said as I hung up the phone with Onika on the other line. We have been dating for about two weeks now and I loved every second of it.

I made my way to Solange who was all set to go to choir practice. Even as a grown ass woman, my dad still forced me to go to choir practice once a month. I don't get why we go there. Solange and I no longer went to that church.

"What took your mother fucking ass so long?" Solange said.

"You better get that cursing out of your system soon. Otherwise mom and dad are gonna get ya," I said grabbing my car keys.

"I guess. I should really get that shit out of my fucking system otherwise imma be a dead ass bitch," she said and I stared at her with a raised eyebrow. She gasped, "Oh shit! Imma stop this whole shit of cursing now," she said nodding.

***

"Hey my babies," my mom said sounding ecstatic as she hugged us.

"Hey mom," Solange and I said in unison.

We then stepped in the church and I went to sit on one of the chairs since I was the choir director. Solange went to her place where she played the grand piano. We made ourselves comfortable and greeted everyone.

"Can someone please give me the list of songs we are suppose to practice," I said. One of the choir members came down and gave me the list and I thanked him. We then started practicing, at first they sounded like a dying walrus but then with time they began sounding pretty good.

"OK now, let's take a break. Be back after thirty minutes," I said addressing the choir. After that everyone dispersed and went outside for some refreshments.

"This way now son. She's right here," I heard a voice coming from behind me. I turned and saw my parents coming in with this man I've never seen before.

"Solange baby. Come here," my mom said and she did likewise. "Come stand next to your big sister. Your dad and I got news for her," she continued.

"Beyonce meet Charles Banks," my dad said. This Charles dude extended his hand and shook my hand. "Like you, Charles is also a CEO of a multimillion company. His got a good reputation," my dad said patting Charles on the back.

"After all that was said," my mom said. "Beyonce meet your new boyfriend. Your dad and I got you a boyfriend," my mom said with a smile.

I just froze in my place. I felt my heart dropping to my stomach. I tried uttering something but my throat became dry. I started feeling lightheaded and I leaned towards Solange as I started feeling dizzy. I felt Solange holding me up. I started sweating then I felt my knees getting weak and in no time everything went black.

***

"Bey," I heard someone call my name as it echoed in the distance.

My eyelids flicked as I opened my eyes,"Where am I? " I said weakly. I tried to sit up straight and familiarize myself with my surroundings. I saw that I was in my parents bedroom.

"Bitch your ass fainted back at church," Solange said as she crawled in bed and sat next to me. "I don't blame you though. I would have passed out too if my parents told me that they got me a boyfriend without my permission," Solange said sounding sympathetic.

That was some messed up shit. How could my parents do such a thing to me? I'm a grown ass woman, I'm pretty sure I can choose whichever person I wanted to date. That Charles nigga was definitely not my type. How was I even gonna break this down to my girlfriend?