First Encounter

Beyonce POV

"Good morning Miss Knowles," I heard the receptionist say as I entered the reception. "Miss Onika Miraj is waiting for you upstairs.

"Thank you Alex for that," I said as she handed me a file.

"Hold the door for me please," I said as I rushed to the elevator. "Thank you for that ma'am," I said as I entered the elevator.

The moment I turned I was met with the most breathtaking woman I've ever seen thus far. She was curvaceous, her hips were protruding from the tight fit dress she had on. Must I say, her dress hugged her all up in the right places. Her perfume was so strong it filled up in the elevator. It was a sweet scent yet intoxicating and I loved that.

"So what floor are you headed?" she said snapping me out of my thoughts. She smiled at me revealing her white pearly teeth.

"The tenth floor please," I said. She nodded and pressed the button. We waited for a while before the elevator door opened. "Have a great day now ma'am," I said exiting the elevator.

***

"As you all know, I'm retiring," my former sales manager, Vivian said as managers of each department and I sat in the conference room. "Don't worry, I will never leave you guys hanging. I've personally selected the next best sales manager. I've personally groomed her into knowing how to manage the department. I know she is young, resilient and will be a great member of this here company," she continued. "Give me a second," she said existing the room.

The door swag open and in came the same memorizing woman I saw earlier in the elevator. I never noticed how short she was and I thought that was kinda cute.

"Good morning everyone. My name is Onika Maraj and I'm the new sales manager," she introduced herself as I was gobsmacked.

Everyone introduced themselves and elaborated more on the work their department did. It was then time for me to introduce myself so I stood up and went to shake her hand,"I'm Beyonce Knowles, the CEO of this here company. I hope you are going to enjoy your stay as we work together," I said still shaking her hand.

***

"Aye Bey. Its lunch time so let's bounce and go get something to eat," Solange said barging through my office door like she owned the place.

"The fuck wrong with you? Next time knock before coming in. Doors were created for a purpose you know," I said logging off my laptop.

I grabbed my purse and headed out the office. After arguing for what felt like forever, we finally came to an agreement of eating at the new restaurant just a couple of blocks away from the office.

"Good afternoon ladies. Would you like a table?" The waitress said as we entered the restaurant.

"No, actually we came all the way here just to sit on the floor. Carpet for two please," Solange said sarcastically.

I nudged her,"Sorry about that. Yes, a table for two please," I said. The waitress directed us to our table and handed us our menus then left us to decide on what we wanted to order.

"What was all that Solange?" I asked sternly. All she did was shrug like it was something to be proud of like being such an ass to the poor waitress was something acceptable. "Now don't give me that innocent bullshit. You better fix your attitude, before I fix it for you," I said.

"I apologize. I was just having some fun with her," she said lowly. "On the other hand, have you met Onika?" She said getting ecstatic. "She is amazing at what she does. I heard her pitching her ideas to her team on the other room."

"Solange were you eavesdropping?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No. I was just ear hustling that's all," she responded rolling her eyes.

"Roll your eyes at me one more time and imma smack you in front off this people," I said sounding pissed.

My sister can be such a handful at times. She's lucky she has the brains and skills to intern in my company, otherwise I would have kicked her ass by now.