-3- I'm an Innocent Girl Thrown Into a Boarding School for Badass Boys. Great...

The headmaster of the school came out to greet me. Mr. Harrison, who was also the founder of the school, directed me to my dorm. Though I was hesitant to be in the dorm I was assigned, he didn't want me to get any special treatment just because I was a girl. The lights that illuminated the hallway made Mr. Harrison's dark skin look dull.

When I entered the room, I gasped. It was approximately the same size as my room back home! There were two beds on opposite sides.

"I hope you will find this school to be most thought-evoking," Mr. Harrison told me on his way out. Everyone believes that I killed that man, and there's nothing I can do about it!

As I set my suitcases on a bed that seemed unoccupied, I stood my guitar case right at the end of the bed. The small suitcase was shoved underneath it. Hopefully, my roommate wouldn't think that there was marijuana in there or some other drug. That would surely have ruined any chance of convincing anyone of my innocence.

The large suitcase was propped next to my guitar - I had no clue what to do with it.

Suddenly, I hear the door open. I took out a book from inside the small suitcase and sat down on the bed, hoping that whoever it was wouldn't notice me.

Too bad; he noticed. A tall boy with short brown hair entered the room. My black hair covered one of my hazel eyes. It was parted on one side, kind of like his was.

This boy...I've seen him before. I must not have known him all too well, because I couldn't put my finger on his identity.

The stranger's eyebrow rose. "Why are you in my dorm?" His tone was demanding...yet, again, familiar. I wondered what he did to get in.

"I'm Drew Finch," I stated. My voice was still a little bit shaky from all the crying I'd done.

"I know --" he stopped himself in the middle of his sentence. "You're Drew? I thought you'd be a-" he restarted.

"You thought I'd be a boy; I know." I put the book down and sat up against the wall, my ankles crossed.

He stood in silence for a few minutes before speaking again. "I'm Zane. Zane Dale. I am sixteen years old," my roommate introduced.

"I'm fifteen," I replied.

"Aren't you going to unpack your stuff?"

"I don't know where to put them so you wouldn't get all mad," I explained. Zane walked over to a dresser and pointed to the last couple drawers. Nodding, I placed my clothes into them. I could feel Zane standing behind me, trying to see what my clothes were like. Most of them were jeans, shorts, jackets, and T-shirts. Actually, that's basically what they all were. There had been a few tanktops, but I didn't think that it would be a good idea to wear them around these boys.

Just as my cami was in the drawer, the door flew open. Two boys ran into the room. They froze when they saw me.

"Who's this?" The taller boy had a suggestive tone. I raised my eyebrows at the blond-haired boy.

"I'm Drew," I said. Both boys nodded, their mouths in an 'O' shape. The other boy was a bit shorter than I was, with spiky black hair. He looked kind of Asian.

"I'm Adam Santos. That's Noah Chang. Both of us are seventeen." The blond boy pointed at the short boy.

"So, Drew," Zane began. "What did you do to get sent here?"

Hesitantly, I told them. "I allegedly killed the owner of some company," I confessed. Each boy's eyes widened. "Guys, I didn't really kill him. The police - and everyone I know - thinks I did."

Adam shifted his weight from foot to foot. "Do you want to know what we did?" He gestured to Noah.

"Sure."

"One year ago, Adam and I hijacked two awesome sports cars and drove into a back. We stole about two hundred dollars," Noah told me. Nervously, I stood up. Noah nudged Zane with his elbow. "Tell Drew what you did, Zane," he taunted.

"I'd rather not," Zane sneered. He and Noah glared at each other.

Adam stepped toward me and laughed at my expression. I guess it was a quizical one. As the other two boys conducted a staring contest, Adam and I conversed.

"So, you murdered someone, huh?" He raised his eyebrow.

"No, but everyone seems to think I did," I whispered. "I was on the other side of town with-" Suddenly, no words would come out. My lip quivered.

"With who?"

"My former boyfriend," I choked out.

"Former?" Adam was pretty much crossing the line right now, but I just wanted one person here to know.

"Yes, former. Alex cheated on me yesterday, so I broke up with him and came here." After my explanation, I gulped.

Adam patted my back. "It'll be okay, Drew. You'll make really good friends here," he attempted to reassure.

"Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of," I breathed. At first, I thought Zane and Noah had been listening to our conversation, but they were too occupied with their staring contest. Adam and I just watched them until we all burst out laughing. I really didn't understand what was so funny - or why we were on the ground two minutes later, clutching our stomach. Maybe that was how it was with those three: as long as we were happy, we could laugh about whatever the hell we wanted.

So far, I was liking it here. As long as I was getting punished for something I didn't do, I might as well have fun while I did it.