-2- I'm an Innocent Girl Thrown Into a Boarding School for Badass Boys. Great...

Now that I was actually packing, I hesitated. Was it okay that the only reason I was leaving was to escape seeing Alex's cheating face ever again? Probably. Everyone else believed that I was going because I was guilty. Let them believe what they want.

And they say don't run from your problems. Sometimes, you just have to!

"Drew! Are you ready?" My mom stomped up the stairs toward my room.

"Almost," I replied. My mind briefly became a checklist. Guitar? Check. Books? Check. Notebooks? Check. Clothes? Check. iPod? Check. Nintendo DS and games? Check. No, I wasn't going to dress up as a tomboy. Dressing up means you have to pretend. I liked some girly things, that's true. But that doesn't make me one of those cheerleader-hot-pink-nail-polish kind of girls.

Mom opened the door to see me zipping up my smaller suitcase. I owned two: One was a bigger one, used for clothes and such. The other was for my books, notebooks, and other little items that I may need.

"Are you ready?" She asked with a sweet-mom voice.

"Yeah, I'm ready," I told her. My father entered the room and lifted up my larger suitcase. My mother followed me as I carried my small suitcase and guitar case.

Dad placed the luggage in the trunk of the car, closing it gently. He started the car just as Mom sat in the passenger seat. As a fourteen year old, I had to give the seat up to a thirty-seven year old.

My fingers placed the iPod earbuds into my ear. I scrolled down the playlist and put on some Avril Lavigne. Hey, not all of my music was all 'goody-two-shoes.'

Got up on the wrong side of life today, yeah.

Crashed the car, now I'm gonna be really late!

My phone doesn't work 'cause it's outta range.

Looks like it's just one of those kinda days.

The car pulled into the airport. For some reason, we just had to live a few doors away from it! Since we were so close to it, I'd just stare out the window every night, watching the planes land and take off. Mom told me to put my iPod on pause for a while.

Great. Only four lines of a song!

My parents walked up to the old woman in charge of the flight we were being sent on. At least, I thought it was going to be we.

"Hello," she greeted. I noticed how her dark skin wrinkled as she smiled. "Are you all on this flight?"

"No, just our daughter," my mother explained. In shock, I stared up at my parents. I was going by myself?! "Drew, I'm sorry. We can't afford to move right now."

But you can afford to send me to some boarding school along with the flight costs? I seriously almost said that. However, Mom and Dad are pissed at me enough for allegedly killing someone.

The woman nodded, her black hair moving with her head. "Well, young lady, I hope you enjoy your flight." She gestured to the hallway leading to the plane.

"Goodbye, sweetie," Mom said as she hugged me tightly.

"We'll miss you, Drew," Dad ruffled my hair with a smirk. Rhyming didn't make it funny.

As they walked away, the lady called for a tall man to carry my things to the plane. When he asked if I had a carry on, I just took out a book and my iPod.

"Can we use iPods on airplanes?" I asked the strangers. They glanced at each other before nodding. With that, the male lifted my suitcases and walked up the ramp, me following close behind with my guitar.