-4- I'm an Innocent Girl Thrown Into a Boarding School for Badass Boys. Great...

The boys were very courteous my first day. Zane, Noah, and Adam all took me to the cafe. It really astonished me how much freedom the delinquints had. They could do all of the same things as any other boarding school. The Harrison Juvenile Delinquint Center reminded me of the Pacific Coast Academy from Zoey 101.

The cafe was very...protective. They had security guards everywhere. On our way to the cafe, the four of us passed about ten security guards. What I said about freedom? Bullshit.

Wow. I'd only known these boys for a few hours, and I was on my way to being as pugnacious as them. Who knew?

Zane bought each of us coffee. At first, I just stared at it.

"What's wrong? Don't you like coffee?" Noah asked accusingly.

"I don't know," I replied. "I've never had any." Three jaws instantly dropped.

"You're fifteen and you've never had fucking coffee?" Zane was the first to speak. Slowly, I nodded. His eyebrow rose. "How come you seem so innocent?"

"What do you mean?"

"Since you got here, you don't even act like you should be here! No smart-ass comments; nothing," he explained. Adam was about to say something, but I gave him a look that told him to shut up and not to tell Zane and Noah.

"You really don't want to know," I muttered, my eyes glancing at my coffee. I shrugged and raised the cup to my lips. The boys watched in interest as I took my first sip of de-caf coffee. As the hot drink rushed down my throat, I blinked. They awaited my reaction. In an avid way, I drank the rest of the drink. My hand slammed the cup on the table as if I had just drank a shot.

"So," Adam began, "how is it?" I grinned. Suddenly, they burst out laughing.

"What?" I was confused.

"Nobody does that after they drink a whole cup of coffee in ten seconds!" Noah said through his giggles. At first, I felt a little insulted, but I soon joined in the laughter. I could feel the eyes of the other boys on my back, but I didn't give a crap for once. It felt good. It felt good to just laugh.

That never happened with Alex. When I was with him, I felt forced to laugh at half the things he said. Is that what a girlfriend's supposed to do?

Suddenly, I felt extremely excited and energetic.

"Zane, I thought this was de-caf," I told him quickly.

"It's not." My eyes widened.

"Dude, why would you make her first cup of coffee caffeinated?" Adam asked. It took me a while to notice, but Adam's voice sounded more...feminine than the other boys. Was he another Justin Bieber or something?

"I didn't know it was her first cup!" Zane defended. Vivaciously, I stood up and sprinted down the hall. Everyone just stared at me as I chuckled like a maniac.

"Drew!" The boys screamed my name as they chased me. Wow, they are slow.

After a while, I came to a door that had a familiar number on it. It was the room I was assigned. I paused to open the door when-

WHAM! Zane tackled me to the ground. Noah and Adam piled on top of me. I continued to laugh as if I were crazy. My new friends ended up laughing as well. As we snickered, I squeezed out of Zane's grip. Suddenly, the sound of footsteps silenced us. The four of us glanced above us to see Mr. Harrison.

His dark face was filled with confusion. The headmaster's eyebrow rose as we got to our feet.

"Would one of you care to tell me what's going on?" Mr. Harrison asked calmly.

"Well, Zane gave Drew some coffee..." Adam began.

"...And Drew went momentarily insane," Noah finished. Mr. Harrison turned to me for clarification. I nodded.

"Glad to see you've made some friends, Ms. Finch," he said as he stalked off.

We stood in silence for a moment, waiting for the headmaster to disappear around the corner. Finally, someone broke the silence.

"So, Drew, is this just so you can 'make friends?'" Noah asked. I shook my head, feigning a smile. Adam leaned closer to my ear.

"Does Harrison know?" Adam whispered in my ear. I shrugged. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Zane pull a phone out of his pocket. His eyes widened.

"Shit!" Zane shouted. A security guard down the hall turned and glared at him. He waved at the man before turning back to us. "It's almost curfew!"

"Oooh, curfew," teased Noah. I snorted as I watched the two boys squabble.

"Dude, I've already been caught about five times outside my dorm after curfew. If I get caught again, they're going to put me in Isolation," Zane told us.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "What's Isolation?

Noah placed a hand on my shoulder. "You have much to learn, Drew-san," he joked. My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. Zane pulled me into our dorm, Noah and Adam following close behind.

"What?" God, I was so naive sometimes.

"It's time to explain to you the things about this hellhole that those bitches don't tell you in the handbooks," Zane said.