-14 I'm an Innocent Girl Thrown Into a Boarding School for Badass Boys. Great...

Cutting became a regular thing. Not much time had passed before both of my arms were decorated with red scars. They didn't bleed as much after a while.

People would probably go insane if they discovered this. I knew I was insane just for doing this. But I couldn't stop - it was the only thing in my life I could control. I wasn't going to let that go.

I went through each day in a sort of daze. In fact, I wasn't really sure what the date was some of the time. All I could focus on was the fact that another one of Frank's notes would be waiting, just inside my dorm, when I reached my room.

Every day, I would ask myself, "Why not just end it?" There were times when I thought about suicide, and what it would really be like. Frank would have his revenge; he would leave my friends alone.

But what was it that kept me here? What was it that restrained me from taking my own life?

Zane. Every day, when I saw his face light up when he walked into our room, I wanted to see it. I didn't want that smile to go away.

Of course, that didn't keep me from creating new marks on my skin.

So, you're fucking emo now? I guess it's only a matter of time before my revenge is complete. Mwahaha!
-Frank

That had been the first one in a while. It must have been one that he wrote a while ago - at least the first sentence. The notes didn't bother me as much as they had the first few times. They still got to me, though.

Sometimes, I wondered if people noticed me acting the way that I did. I didn't give much of a shit anymore, but...

Everyone noticed. Most people didn't say anything. Only three people questioned me.

"Drew, what the hell is your problem?" Zane asked, his smile having vanished.

"Nothing."

"Bullshit," Noah and Adam muttered.

Rolling my eyes, I lay on my back, staring at the ceiling. Suddenly, I felt three pairs of hands thrust me off the bed and onto the floor. As I hit the carpet, I just sat up silently and crossed my arms. In front of me, my friends had their hands on their hips and stared down at me.

"What the fuck was that for?" I snarled. They flinched slightly.

"Drew, we're worried," Adam began. "You haven't done anything but sulk in here ever since the whole 'Frank' thing."

"Don't worry about me. You wouldn't get it." I was doing this for them. I was keeping this a secret for them to protect them from that asshole.

"Try us," challenged Noah. Shaking my head, I stood up.

Shoving them away, I walked in the direction of the doorway. Zane rushed past me and blocked my way. He was making this more difficult than he should.

"Move," I commanded.

"I won't move an inch until you tell us what your problem is," he said in a smooth voice.

"Or what?" I growled, my voice becoming louder - angrier. "Are you going to threaten to kill me again, like you did before?"

"That was different."

"No, it sure as hell wasn't. This..." Zane gestured at my being. "This isn't you."

That was it. I grabbed his arm and pushed him towards Adam and Noah. "What do you know about me?" With that, I thrust open the door and stormed out into the hallway.

I hated them. I hated them with every fiber in my being. Well, not every one. There were some that had been directed at many different people - my parents, the police, Frank. Was there a happy place for me anymore? The whole reason I came here was to escape the hellhole that was my life back home. What was my escape now?

I knew. All of this was going to end, right here, right now.

Wait a minute... My dream. It was really going to happen. My first day here. The dream I had that nigh. The dream where I was walking up to the roof. That dream. It was coming true.

Frank, you've won, I thought repeatedly to myself as I walked up the stairs to the roof of the school. As my feet mechanically ventured to the edge, I looked down. That had to be at least three stories. If it was done right, this would all be over.

Ignoring the calls from behind me, I took one more step.

The step that should've made this all go away.