-12 I'm an Innocent Girl Thrown Into a Boarding School for Badass Boys. Great...

"Zane...?" I touch his arm gently, my finger smoothly sliding over the wound. He doesn't speak; he just groans softly. As I stared at him, I wasn't paying attention to Frank. I could feel his eyes on my back, glaring at me.

Finally, Zane spoke. "Drew, behind you," he said softly. My eyebrow scrunching together, I whirled around just in time to see the fist speeding toward my head.

I grabbed the hand before it collided with my face and pushed Frank back at the wall with such force that he winced and moaned as he hit the wall. When I glanced back at Zane, he was in awe.

"Damn," he muttered. Rolling my eyes, I looked out the door into the hallway. Noah and Adam were racing in our direction. It wasn't until they got closer and closer to the doorway that I noticed the tall men in black behind them.

"There!" Adam shouted, pointing at us. I saw the gold on their jackets - they called the police?

Suddenly, Frank brushed past me, sprinting out of the door and turning sharply. My jaw dropped as he fled. It wasn't his speed that surprised me.

It was the look he gave me on his way out.

He was...smirking. His expression was a combination of a smirk and a glare. It was as if he was telling me in some screwed up way that he was going to get revenge. By the time it registered in my brain, I was focused on the poilicemen. Subtly, I gave them a look that would have been recognized as hate. I did hate them. Could you blame me? The ones back home accused me of something I didn't do, and I'm supposed to like them? I've never had a soft spot for them, anyway.

I watched the cops carry Zane off. My eyes met Zane's and, for a moment, he looked genuinely scared. I gave him a smile, and he returned a small one.

Thank you, Zane mouthed. I nodded.

As they turned around the corner, I was bombarded by Noah and Adam.

"Are you okay?" they asked in unison.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I lied. Truthfully, I was even more frightened than I was before. After all, Frank looked really pissed off. He was going to get revenge. He wasn't going to stop.

Noah and Adam walked me down the hall, asking me question after question. I mumbled each answer, not quite paying attention. My conscious mind was elsewhere. It was wondering about Frank.

Was he going to come back? If he did, was he going to come after me? Was Frank going to hurt my friends? Were all these questions relevant, or was I just being paranoid? I hoped that it was just me being paranoid. If I was, no one was going to get hurt.

But there was something in Frank's eyes. He knew my weakness now: my friends. He knew that he could push me to the edge by threatening them. Frank knew that he could drive me crazy with my weak spot.

Damnit...I was losing it.