-18 I'm an Innocent Girl Thrown Into a Boarding School for Badass Boys. Great...

I AM SO SORRY! It's been over 20 days! Thanks for reading, though. I hope you don't stop reading when I take too damn long!

Now, the four long-awaited words (yeah, cuz that doesn't sound self-centered at ALL)...ON TO THE STORY!!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Words refused to come out of my mouth. I just couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe that Zane could love me. Who in their right mind would fall in love with someone as screwed up as I was?

Zane's eyes widened when he saw my reaction. His light blue irisis stared into my hazel ones before I directed my focus to an imaginary stain on the brown carpet below me. We stood in silence. Why did this seem so strange? After all, it's what usually happens in those cliche stories with boy-girl friendships: a boy and a girl are best friends, then they fall in love. But I guess I just didn't think my life was that cliche. Did he really mean what he said? Did I even love him?

He looks at me with eyes that attempt to look deep down inside me. He meant it. He loved me. There's one question answered. I just don't know if I love him back.

"I know I can't force you to love me back," Zane began, "but I just needed to tell you."

All that could come out of my mouth were little noises. My brain couldn't come up with a response. So he did it for me.

Zane took one step in my direction and places a hand on my chin. His hand gingerly lifts my chin so my eyes meet his. He stared into them.

A gulp rushed down my throat as he glanced down at my lips. His face came closer and closer to mine. "Zane --" I started, but his lips interrupted me in the beginning of the sentence. Surprise filled me. Surprise filled my body, but that wasn't all. Happiness. Excitement. That's what else pervaded me. There was one other thing that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

He began to pull away, but - and, at that time, I didn't know what led me to this - I refused to let him go. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and kept him where he was. He bent down slightly, thanks to the weight of my pull. I smirked into his lips. As we kissed, I realized something: this was no where near what it had been like with Alex. No where fucking near.

With Alex, it seemed like I wanted to kiss him, but it was like I kind of had to - like it was necessary in order to keep him. But with Zane...I didn't even know. That was the fun of that first kiss: I didn't know what I wanted.

During the entire night preceding my entrance to Isolation, we just stood there and kissed.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, I know. Short chapter. SORRY!!!!! :'(