Gone

Amanda watched my expression as I saw Dylan leaning against the ring talking to some girl with brown hair. She was so pretty. They would be the perfect couple. Dylan laughed at her joke. Dylan glanced at me and then put his full attention back to the flirty girl. The girl was flirting with him. And Dylan didn't care. Hurt buzzed through me. I preyed myself away from watching them and mounted Watson. I kicked Watson a little too hard and he bursted into a gallop. I slowed him down to a canter and let him fly over the jump in the middle of the ring. I slowed Watson into a trot. I wanted to just go in the field and gallop for miles. Dylan watched me.

" Ashley nice job." He commented. I gave him a look and turned Watson away from him in the other direction. Watson noticed my anger and feelings. He flicked an ear back at me as I gripped the reins too hard. I tried to relax but couldn't, I had too many feeling holding back inside. I wanted to smack his face or cry. Watson lowered his head. He did bad when I wasn't thinking right or emotional. I patted his neck trying to tell him I am alright. Chloe walked in with her horse. She got in the saddle and started riding around.
Dylan gave Chloe a smirk.

"Really Dylan. You have Sarah." Chloe said looking at the girl with the brunette hair. Dylan silently laughed.

"Chloe I explain that later." Dylan said.

" Shut up Dylan." I spat at the both of them. Dylan gave me a confused look.

" Ashley what's wrong?" Dylan asked me.

" Dylan...." I said. I trotted Watson in a tight circle and then let him loosen up. Dylan eyes met mine. I turned Watson to face the gait. Mr. Scott walked in to the ring.
-
"There will be partners. Dylan and Ashley. Chloe and Amanda." Mr. Scott said. Dylan mounted on his horse and walked over next to me. I sighed. Amanda and Chloe weren't enemy's but they didn't get along 100%.

" Okay we're going to be judging each other's flatwork then jumping. Please slit the ring in half, I don't care which team has which side." Mr. Scott stood on the rail watching us. Dylan and I took the right side. Chloe and Amanda took the left side.

" You can go first." Dylan said. I nodded not answering him. I walked Watson in a circle. I asked him to trot. I posed going around the half ring, before Watson bursted into a canter. I slowed Watson down and asked him to trot again. He pinned his ears back flat against his head. He started flicking his tail and tried to canter again. I turned Watson in a circle slowing his speed. Watson halted. Before I could react Watson bucked me. I crashed on the dirt ring on my back. I gasped for breath. Watson started cantering without a rider. Dylan dismounted and ran up to me. His eyes scanned me.

" Are you all right?" He asked. I finally got my breath back.

" Yeah I am fine. I guess something is up with Watson." I watched Mr. Scott catching my horse leading him over to me. I got off the ground and brushed the dirt off my breeches. I mounted back on. Watson still tried to canter. Mr. Scott handed me a crop. I whacked it against him. His head raised and I could see he stiffened. I never had to use a crop on him, ever. I asked him to trot. Watson started trotting like a angle. I dropped the crop on the ground. For the rest of the lesson Watson was acting like his old self.

" Class dismissed." Mr. Scott said. I dismounted and cooled Watson down. I looked into his big brown eyes. I gave him a hug. I couldn't stay mad at my own horse. Watson nosed my pocket for teats. I pushed his head away. He snorted.

" Watson you do know you were bad during the lesson. You don't get a treat." I told him. I lead Watson into his stall and un tacked him. I put all my tack into the tack spot that was mine. I took out a curry and rubbed Watson with it. Dylan came into the stall across from me and started unpacking his horse.