The letter that effects everything...

I took a curry over Watson's back. I laughed as Watson snorted. I smiled. I was suppose to get the letter today if I made it into wildwood equestrian academy.

Will I make it? Only the best riders make it. I won't make it so I need to stop obsessing over this. I am a 7th grader and a lot of other riders are way better than me. I sighed.  Over the past few weeks I have been making myself crazy with the letter.

This summer I finally got my very own horse. I named him Watson because he fit that name. He looks like a Watson and gets into a lot of trouble. The first time I mounted him he kept on bucking me off, and would blow out air when I was buckling the girth. Then he would breath in, so then when I start to ride him the saddle would slip off the side of him and I would fall off.

Lucky he doesn't do that anymore. I took a dandy brush and started getting the dust of him. Watson opened the stall door and almost walked out of the stall.

" Watson! Back up." I pushed him back into his stall and finished getting the dirt off him. I got out my hoof pick and started getting the dirt out of his hoof. I put down his foot and he stomped his leg, almost on my foot.

I looked at Watson he was getting irritated. I grabbed a lead rope and hooked it on Watson's halter. I lead him out of his stall and into the pasture.

I unclipped the lead rope from his halter. Watson took off like a rocket cantering and galloping. He ran up to another horse and bumped noses. I laughed. Watson was so cute.

My dad's car pulled into the drive way. Well time to go. I looked back at Watson before getting in the front seat of the car. I watched Watson eat peacfully in the pasture until the car left down the road to go to back to my house.

" Ashley I have news. The letter came today while you were at riding." My dad told me.

Excitement, and fear flooded through me. What happens if I didn't make it, did I make it? I almost didn't want to find out.

The rest of the car ride was annoying because all I could think about is that letter, the one that decides my future as an rider.

As soon as I got out of the car I ran into the house. I starred at the crisp white letter sitting in the marble counter tops. I hesitated to open it.

My dad walked through the door. He smiled at me.

" Aren't you going to open it?" He asked me. I couldn't hardly hear him. I ripped the top off of the letter. I pulled out a grey looming paper. My eyes scanned it. I put the letter down on the table. I started crying. My dad glanced at me.

"Ashley? Did you not get in?" I handed my dad the letter answering his question.

" I don't get why your crying, it's....." I cut him off.

" Dad I can't believe I made it. Me and Watson are not the best pair. We are good, but we aren't excellent. We don't deserve this. Is this really a dream? Because that would make more sense to me." I told hIm.

" Ashley, you do deserve it." My dad showed my mom the letter.

" Oh that's so great! I am so happy for you and Watson!" My mom gave me a hug.

" Mom, I don't understand how we got in." I replied. My mom gave me a look.

" Ashley your a amazing rider, when you went to the Eastern Blue Hill Horse Show with Watson. You won that jumping blue ribbon and you got second place in cross country. How can you say your not good enough for this school? I don't believe you." My mom explained to me.