Chapter34

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well.

Here is a new chapter!

Enjoy!

*************

"I don't understand why I am standing here while Anna is inside," Hunter said with a growl as he paced the corridor.

Caroline shook her head and looked at her son with a raised eyebrow. Hunter closed his eyes and sighed in frustration. He plopped down on the chair outside the emergency room. "I can't believe that bastard banned me from being with Anna."

"Hunter, the moment you entered the room, you started bossing the poor doctors around. They were panicking and losing their focus. I respect the doctor for his bravery in kicking you out." Caroline said disapprovingly, her son was hot-headed and needed someone to knock him down a notch.

"But I need to be in there holding Anna's hand. She needs my support Mom. It is the first time she gets injured." Hunter said in desperation.

Caroline grabbed her son's cold hand and put it in her warm one. She smiled gently at him and said soothingly.

"I know Anna is new to our world, but she chose to be here and now she has to get used to this. I know it seems unfair and cruel, but it is the truth. We do our best to protect each other, but life is unpredictable, and we have to accept it."

"It is hard Mom. Anna wasn't born in danger, and she doesn't deserve to live in fear." Hunter said seriously.

"What are you implying Hunter?" Caroline asked looking at her son's blue eyes.

"After that, I am planning to grant Anna her freedom," Hunter said through his teeth.

"Just remember, it is not your choice to make," Caroline said with a gentle smile on her face. She knew her son's intentions were for Anna's benefit, but from her personal experience, they can be destructive. She just hoped her son will come to his senses before it was too late. His relationship with Anna was beautiful to be wasted.

The doors to the medical wing burst open, and Karen came running. Caroline stood up from her chair and embraced her friend in a comforting hug. Karen sobs were audible to Hunter, and he cursed under his breath. The woman was living through a similar nightmare she had the misfortune to experience years ago.

Caroline ushered Karen to a nearby chair and tried to soothe her worries. Both women tasted the bitter feelings of losing a child, and Caroline was the best one to understand the other woman's feelings.

Two hours later, a doctor clad in his white coat emerged from the emergency room and captured the attention of the present in the waiting room. Hunter rushed to his side and waited for the man's words with great anticipation.

"Miss Sanders is past the danger zone. She lost a lot of blood, which was very dangerous at some point in the operation, and we were faced with many complications. We were able to contain the situation, and now she is stable. The wound in her thigh was deep which made it the source of her blood loss. Also, she had two broken ribs and another two fractured. Fortunately, she doesn't suffer from any head injuries. You can be at ease; she is in good condition and just needs some time to fully recover." The doctor explained Anna's situation briefly.

"Is she awake?" Hunter asked eagerly, he was like a little kid waiting for his favourite gift.

The doctor gave him an apologetic smile and shook his head, "I am sorry, Mr. Salviatti. Anna's state is still under supervision. Like I explained before, she lost a lot of blood, and she needs time to recuperate. For now, she is resting and when her body is strong enough, she will wake up."