Chapter13

Hello everyone! Here I am with a new chapter.

Enjoy reading!

****************************

Hunter Salviatti wasn't the type that would get nervous about facing anyone in this world. But confronting his father after all the stunts he pulled lately, it was hard for him to keep up his bravado, and act nonchalantly. Even so, he straightened his shoulders and held his head high. With a deep breath, he knocked twice on his father's door and waited.

"Come in." Damien's voice came gruffly permitting his son to enter.

With determined steps, Hunter made his way inside his father's lair, as he liked to call his father's office. He found his father typing furiously on his laptop. He remained standing and waiting for his father to talk first. Ten minutes later, Hunter's patience was at its end and he was having a difficult time containing his anger.

He was aware of his father's tactics. His old man was trying to make him sweat as much as possible and he was successful so far.

"How is your arm? Are the stitches still giving you trouble?" Damien asked Hunter while removing his glasses and shutting the laptop.

FINALLY, you decided to acknowledge my presence. Hunter thought to himself. Then, he had to clear his suddenly dry throat and spoke with confidence.

"My arm is fine dad. As for the stitches, Uncle Edward checked them earlier, and informed me that by the next week they will fade completely and stop troubling me."

Damien nodded in understanding, then pushed his chair and stood to his full height.

"Now that your arm is in the right direction of healing, and I am satisfied with your health progress. It is time we discuss your behaviour for the last two weeks. More specifically, your behaviour since the beginning of this camp."

Damien moved from his position behind the desk and leaned against his edge instead.

"What is our unbreakable rules, son?" Damien asked too calmly for Hunter's liking.

"Never keep a secret from your family members. And never put yourself or one of the family members in any form of danger. " Hunter answered dutifully while maintaining eye contact with his father.

"It's good to know that you didn't forget one of the major rules I taught you since you were a little boy. That leads us to my next question. Why did I put those rules, Hunter? Did I put them because I was bored and had nothing better to do?" Damien asked sharply.

"Of course not, father. You put those rules to make sure we are protected and away from harm ways."

Damien just nodded in understanding and moved from leaning against the desk and started pacing in front of his son. It was a mechanism to calm his anger and make sure he didn't say or do something he would regret for a long time. He came to an abrupt stop and fixed his son with a hard stare.

"Your first stunt was announcing an unknown girl as your girlfriend. We don't know her and she doesn't know our world. I tried to convince myself that maybe you liked her from the first look, but I can't bring myself to believe such a ridiculous theory. But I decided to let it go and stay away from your personal life and give you a chance to make your own rules and follow them. If this relationship is a mistake, you will pay the consequences and if it is not, you will benefit from it and I will be happy for you, son." By those words, Damien was standing facing his son and squeezing his shoulder encouragingly.