chapter4

Hello everyone!

I am back with a new chapter.

This is the longest chapter I wrote so far with 5615 words.

I like writing long chapters.

I want to know if you prefer long chapters or short ones.

Please comment and tell me your preferences.

******************************************

Tomorrow morning came too quickly for Anna's liking. It was time she goes to Sasha's office and meets the man who will take her to another world.

Today was a school day, so her friends weren't here. They insisted to stay with her and give her a proper goodbye, but she refused their pleadings. She appreciated their good intentions but she didn't like goodbye moments, she has her fair share of them.

She gave her room one last look. The nightstand beside her bed was bare from her belongings. Suddenly, she felt like a stranger in a place she called home for five years. She breathed deeply and took the first step towards her new life.

Anna tried very hard to stop her hands from shaking when she knocked on the door's office. A few seconds later, she found herself in front of Sasha's desk. The woman was smiling at her with a strange sadness in her eyes. Anna returned her smile with another one of her own then her eyes landed on the man sitting on the chair across the desk.

He appeared to be in his late forties with sharp black eyes and strong jaw. His salt and pepper hair was slicked back. He was wearing a black suit and looked very serious. The man had a strange aura around him that screamed power and money.

"Anna sweetie, I am speaking to you. Are you okay?" Sasha spoke worriedly.

"Sorry Sasha, I was just deep in my thoughts. What were you saying?" Anna asked apologetically.

Sasha looked at her with disapproval. She knew Anna was afraid and nervous but she had to behave better than that. The man in front of her seemed the kind that takes no-no sense and the girl needed to put her act together.

"As I was saying Anna, this is Mr. Jacob Black. Mr. Black this is Anna Sanders." Sasha spoke introducing the pair to each other.

Jacob rose from his chair and extended his hand for a shake. Anna was shocked when she saw the man's height. He was tall and well built. She was sure he can pick her up effortlessly. She just stood there staring at him. His eyes were void of emotion and his jaw set in a hard line. She considered running out of the door and never come back again. If she was afraid before, now she is terrified.

She heard Sasha clear her throat in a way she was sure was a warning. She forced her hand to move and was immediately engulfed by a lager hand. Surprisingly, his hand was warm and his touch comforting. Oddly, she felt cold when he pulled his hand away.

She was going insane. Her emotions were out of place and in a disorder. How can she enjoy the warmth of a stranger? There is something wrong with her. She was sure of it.

From that point, she blocked the conversation between the two and stood rigidly waiting for them to finish. Too soon for her liking, the conversation ended and it was time to leave.

"follow me" Jacob ordered and strode towards the door.

She looked at him with her mouth wide open. He ordered her easily and started walking expecting her without a doubt to follow after him like a puppy. For a moment, she considered defying him but thought against it. She didn't want to see his reaction. She hugged Sasha tightly and hurried after Jacob who was already in front of his car tapping his right foot impatiently.