Chapter30

Hello everyone!

Here is the new chapter!

I hope you will like it.

Enjoy!

***********

"Good afternoon, Master Hunter, everyone is waiting for you in the dining room." The butler of the Salviatti mansion greeted Anna and Hunter at the door.

"good afternoon, Pedro." Hunter greeted the old man and took Anna's hand in his. He led her up the stairs and towards the first door. Hunter opened the door, and they both entered. The whole family was sitting on sofas chatting and drinking fine liquor while the maids prepared a tall table, that at least could host twenty people for dinner.

Anna's eyes nearly popped out of her head when she saw Karen sitting next to Caroline. She let go Of Hunter's hand and almost ran to her.

"Karen," Anna said with joy clear in her voice.

The blonde woman lifted her head and gave Anna a gentle smile. She rose from her chair and took Anna in her arms. She squeezed her lovingly and whispered in her ear.

"I missed you so much, baby."

Anna enjoyed the feeling of being loved by someone. Karen truly loved her without conditions or any ulterior motives. She could feel it in her gentle hold.

"I missed you too," Anna whispered back.

When they let go of each other, Anna looked around the room and noticed that all the Salviatti family members were present apart from the youngsters who were still in Russia.

"Hello Dear, I hope you spent a good time with Hunter," Caroline said from her seat next to Karen.

Anna felt her cheeks getting warm, and she tried to smile for the woman's sake. But apparently, her smile was closer to a grimace. The woman's words were soft and quiet, but Anna felt awkward with the attention focused on her especially the Don's hard blue eyes that were piercing her and trying to look inside her soul. Before she could answer her, she felt a muscular arm sneaking around her waist.

"Good afternoon, Mom, yes we spent a wonderful time together," Hunter said smiling and to make his point more clear, he looked right into his grandfather's eyes and kissed Anna's cheek. He didn't forget his grandfather's schemes and would never do.

Hunter was known to hold grudges against anyone who would cross him the wrong way, even if that person is family. Maybe he won't act as harshly as with a stranger, but he would demand retribution he saw fitted.

Anna could swear she saw steam coming out of the Don's ears, but he quickly composed himself and turned his attention to Gabriella who was sitting next to him.

"I am so happy, son. You deserve the best." Caroline said genuinely joyful for her son. Hunter smiled at his mother and nodded, he can't believe that he was standing in front of her, and she was praising him for choosing the right girlfriend. Life has its way to repay you for all grieve and sadness you suffer at some periods of your life.

"excuse me, ma belle, I need to go," Hunter said to Anna when he noticed his Cousin Nicholas leaning against the wall with a glass of soda in his hand.

"Hello, cousin." Hunter greeted casually.

"hi," Nicholas took another sip from his drink and waited for his cousin's next words.

"where have you been? You didn't go with us to Russia and even when I called, you didn't answer."

"I am punished."