Chapter 8

Hello everyone! I am back with a new chapter.

Enjoy!

********************

"Today, we will start a new regime. Most of you will find it an easy exercise. The others might find it hard."

Anna swallowed audibly when he looked at her while saying the last words. She knew her physicals aren't strong like the others. She was the black horse in that camp but she was determined to prove them wrong and work hard to gain her position here. She forced herself to pay attention to Jasper's speech.

Hunter leaned closer to Nicholas and whispered in his ear.

"Why on earth is your dad holding this cane?"

"I would like to reassure you that he is holding it as an intimidation factor but knowing my dad I would advise you to prepare yourself to receive some strokes now and then."

Hunter exhaled deeply and responded.

"You were right, this camp is getting harder and harder."

The two of them were snapped from their conversation when Jasper blew his whistle and shouted.

"We will start with a mile run. Get ready. RUN."

With those words, everyone took off.

The first laps were easy for them since it was morning and their energy was full. However, as they continued running, the distance seemed endless.

Diana was the first one to stop to catch her breath, only for Jasper to strike the side of her leg with his cane.

"Did I give you permission to stop?" he spoke harshly.

"No sir," she spoke with a wince on her face from the pain in her leg.

"So you had better continue without stopping." This time, his words were directed to all the teenagers.

When Jasper was out of earshot, Lillian ran beside Diana and asked her in concern.

"Are you okay?"

"yes, I am fine. But I don't think I can keep going." She responded breathlessly.

"You have to be freaking kidding me. I thought the medieval ages were over. But MR. Jasper decided to bring us back one hundred years in time. Anyway, from where did he buy that thing?" Lillian exclaimed as she joined Anna in the backline once more.

"Lillian, I can't keep this rhythm. I am getting tired and the pace is quicker than yesterday." Anna said fearfully.

"Anna, you need to keep moving. The purpose of this exercise is to keep moving. If you can't run anymore, then just walk." This time Hunter was the one to answer her.

"Why are you here? He will notice you are stalking and strike you," she asked confusedly.

"I am not stalking in training. Besides, I am here to make sure you won't stop moving." He gave her one of his dazzling smiles.

Anna just stared at him. She was mesmerized by his beauty. He was very handsome and has a certain charm surrounding him. His blue eyes were light with sparks dancing in their depths but at the same time, they hide many unknown feelings. Even when he was running, his black hair was swept back to perfection. Her eyes traveled down his chest and she blushed at the way his sweaty shirt hugged his board muscles. She was wondering how they would look like if he took off.......

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the swish of Jasper's cane in the air. She closed her eyes anticipating the pain that would cross her leg. But the pain never came. She opened her eyes slowly to witness an eye staring contest between Hunter and his uncle while the cane rested on the former's arm. She looked around her to see the others' reaction but everyone was running and ignoring the situation like it didn't happen. After another moment, Jasper spoke with his dark voice.