Chapter 15

Hello, my dear readers!

I hope you are okay and doing well.

Here is a new chapter.

Enjoy!

********************

"Just stop the da*n pounding." Nicholas groaned and reached blindly to turn on his bedside lamp. It seemed that the longer he took to open the door, the longer his visitor got impatient.

When he opened his door, he was surprised to find a disheveled Ethan with an urgent look on his face standing in his doorway.

"There is an emergency meeting in the conference room. Wake Hunter and meet us there." Ethan informed.

"Okay, I will be there."

Nicholas closed the door and went to Hunter's side. He shook his shoulder and called his name, but he didn't even stir.

"So help me god, Hunter. If you don't wake up, I will pour water on your sleepy head." Nicholas threatened.

His words proved futile against his heavy sleeper cousin. He heaved a tired sigh and headed to the mini refrigerator in their room. He grabbed a bottle of water and emptied it on his cousin's head. He watched as Hunter jerked awake in his bed and gasped for air. As the initial shock wore off, Hunter sent him a heated glare.

"What the h*ll dude? What's wrong with you?"

"Ethan called for an emergency meeting. So move it." Nicholas shrugged nonchalantly and left the room.

Hunter shook his wet hair then went to his closest and changed from his sleepwear. He put on a dry shirt and black jeans.

When he entered the meeting room, he noticed that only the persons with the Salviatti's last name were present along with Aiden and Matt considering they are the sons of Jacob who was the godson of the don.

The atmosphere in the room was tense and grim. Hunter sat on the only empty chair with his arms crossed against his chest waiting for someone to start speaking.

Ethan was the first one to break the icy silence.

"I am sure you are wondering why I summoned you at this ungodly hour. Well, today and specifically this afternoon, the Don's mansion was attacked by an unknown gang. Unfortunately, many men on our side died in the ambush. The don was shot in his right shoulder and his condition is stable for now. "

He paused briefly and met Lillian's eyes.

"My uncle was injured as well, but his condition is critical considering he was shot with three bullets, one in his shoulder and two in his chest. As soon as Jacob called us and reported the events of today, Edward and Jackson with father flew to New-York. I am sure they are doing their best to contain the situation."

Ethan words were like a bomb dropped on a silent village. Everyone was in his thoughts contemplating the news. The expressions on the attendant's faces varied between relief and shutter. Ethan was anticipating the storm that will follow the silence. And he wasn't disappointed when the room erupted in an uncontrollable chatter. Questions were thrown here and there. He took a deep breath then slapped his palm against the table which was enough to gain him the silence he needed at the moment.

"I will listen to all your fears and questions, and I will answer them as best as it's possible at the moment. I can't promise that you will like what you will hear, but you have to deal with it for now."

With tears in her eyes and a deep anguish look on her face, Lillian announced.

"I will call and make the right arrangements for our leave."