Chapter6

Hello, everyone!

Finally, I am back. I hope you were waiting for my update and didn't give up on my work.

I am so sorry I didn't update for a long time but I was very busy with my final exams which were very hard.

I am majoring in mathematics so you can imagine the difficulty I have in studying it.

I give you again my sincere apologies.

Enjoy reading!

*********************

Girlfriend! Girlfriend! The word kept repeating like a broken record in Anna's head. She stood paralyzed gaping at the boy in front of her. How dare he announce a relationship she didn't know existed? Lately, her life was a rollercoaster.

It didn't give her the chance to breathe and organize her ideas but to be the girlfriend of someone she met for 5 minutes that was the cherry on top of the cake.

She will be damned if she allows this theatrical to continue, but before she could utter a single syllable, Hunter grabbed her hand tightly and leaned forward to whisper in her ear.

"If you know what is best for you, you will keep quiet and plaster a smile on your beautiful face."

Anna tried vainly to loosen his grip on her arm. She knew very well he was waiting for her to obey his orders. When his clutch became too painful, she nodded her head and put the fakest smile she could muster.

Hunter shook his head and spoke in a voice that sent chills down her spine.

"I said put a smile, not a grimace. If you continue your defiance, you won't survive this camp and by this I mean you will die painfully. I thought grandpa explained to you our world but apparently, he didn't do the job properly. Don't worry, I will make sure you will understand the lesson well this time. Now, smile."

He released her arm and put his hand on the small of her back then gazed with his piercing blue eyes at the people around him.

"I think you heard me speaking with Brad but if you didn't I will repeat my words for once and all. Anna Sanders is my girlfriend so everyone must treat her like they would treat me because if anything befell her, the culprit will answer to me."

Hunter kissed her cheek briefly and stalked away from her. On his way to his cousin and best friend, Nicholas, he spotted Lillian walking towards Anna. He nodded at her in appreciation which she returned with a kind smile. He knew his cousin was a very good and kind woman and was the only one who could ease Anna's fears and get her used to their world.

Anna's feelings were in a jumble between fear and excitement. She knew that her life would never be the same the moment she walked to Sasha's office two days ago, but never in her wildest dreams pictured herself a member of a mafia family and on top of it dating a criminal. She feared those people, for all she knows, they can kill her and bury her six feet under the ground without any human being suspecting them.

Anna was drowning in her thoughts that she nearly screamed her lungs out when Lillian's hand made contact with her shoulder. When Anna turned around, she found herself looking at the most beautiful pair of green eyes she ever saw. The girl who appeared a little older than Anna smiled at her with her eyes shining kindness and spoke in an angelic voice.

"Hello dear, I take it you are new and don't know anyone around here, so what do you say we will be friends?"

Anna nodded her head and extended her right hand.

"I am Anna sanders."

Lillian took the offered appendage and shook it warmly while introducing herself.