Chapter18

Hello everyone, I hope you are okay.

Here is a new chapter.

Enjoy!

****************

"Are you okay?" Ethan panted as he laid beside his brother on the floor.

Their encounter with Damien and Jasper ended fifteen minutes ago, but neither could bring himself to get up. They were sweaty and sore. They were feeling pain in places they didn't know existed before today.

"Yes, I am good as much as it can get at the moment. By the way, I suggest you and your team in Switzerland upgrade your anti-shock shirts and pants because, against father's blows, they are nothing." Hunter replied.

"Hey, I didn't say they are professional or anything. We are still in the experiential stage." Ethan countered.

"Excuses, excuses." Hunter rolled his eyes.

"Jasper wasn't lying when he said he would let out some steam, was he?" Ethan ignored his brother's taunting.

"The man never plays around. He even learned a new kind of martial art. They took us by surprise. Well, dad was like always fast and brutal, but the real surprise is Jasper, he changed. Before, he used the same style as father but now, he is calm and takes his time before streaking." Hunter remarked.

"Do you remember the first time we faced father in the ring?"

"Yes of course. And do you remember that it was the last time you were there with me?"

Ethan cursed under his breath in frustration. How could he say that and upset his brother that way? Finally, he was making some progress in their relationship, but like the idiot he was, he ruined it with one sentence. He watched as Hunter stood up and dried his hair with a white towel.

"Where are you going?" Ethan asked dreading his brother's answer.

At first, he thought Hunter would just continue walking and ignore the question, but he proved him wrong and turned around to look at him.

"I am heading to where Anna is staying. It is time we talk, and it will be good if we are in the camp by midnight."

"Don't be hard on her. Let her know her mistakes without hurting her. She doesn't belong with us, but she is here so she has to deal with it." Ethan advised.

Hunter didn't comment on his brother's words and resumed his walking to the gym's door. He didn't decide yet how he will deal with this, but for sure he won't hurt her, at least not intentionally.

************

Anna was pacing the small room where she stayed last night. The room was pretty empty apart from a queen-sized bed, and two small tables beside it. She stood at the window that gave her a clear view of the city. The lights were already on since the sunset was two hours ago. Her mind was racing one thousand miles per hour. At first, when the guards brought her here, she expected someone from the Salviatti family to come to her, but now, she was losing hope maybe they were keeping her here to come and kill her.

A soft knock on her door brought her away from her thoughts. She tore her gaze from the window and looked at the door in time to see Becky who she suspected was the housekeeper entering with a tray of food.

"Good evening Ms. Anna here is your dinner."

Anna gave her a tight smile and mumbled her thanks hoping she sounded polite. She gave up on convincing the woman in her late forties that she is not hungry. Anna wasn't in the mood to eat anything. Her nerves were acting up, and her stomach was knotted painfully. After Becky took the still loaded tray of lunch, she left Anna again to her own device.