Without Nawal

Ryan

Fuck, I messed up. I should've directly called Matt when she told me about the marriage, I'm a jerk I swear. He loves her and he can't ever lose her, I've never seen Matthew so happy with a person. Every time someone mentions her a smile appears on his face. This is the first time Matthew fell in love, and probably the last time. Even if they split Matthew would never risk falling in love with someone else again, I mean who would dare do that when you've already gotten broken-hearted? Their love is a forbidden love, It's fucking annoying that It works like that. Why can't people like whom they ever want? This is so sad, I hope they will get back together, Matthew can't live without Nawal. I hear my phone call, I take my phone up from my pocket. 

* Phone Call From Logan *

Logan? Logan from high school? Why is he calling from nowhere? When Matthew and I went to high school we had a big friend group. Me, Matthew, Logan, Jacob, and Lucas. We were the popular kids, especially Matthew because he was the richest of us all. We all were close but not as close as me and Matthew. But we would hang out every day and go to parties and have fun. When we grew up we all separated, Logan moved to Chicago because he owns a company there, I went to study in London and Lucas moved to New York because he found love there with a girl. Jacob and Matthew stayed here, they aren't that close but they could hang out sometimes. 

'' Logan? '' I answer the call with confusion. 

'' Ryan, long time no hear bro. How are you doing? '' His voice sounded very happy, this is so weird. I haven't heard or seen him for years.

'' Just fine, what about you? '' I ask him.

'' Better than usual, so I heard you were back in California? Is that right? '' He asked.

'' Yes, as you said I'm back and I'm not thinking about moving back. '' I say with a happy tone. I hear him chuckle.

'' That's great, well I and Lucas are here for a week. We thought about meeting you guys, It was such a long time. '' I hear him say, what? are they back? Wow, we really need to meet.

'' Of course, It was such a long time. Let's meet then, I'll call Jacob too. '' I tell him.

'' Yes, I called Matthew but he didn't answer? Is he in the company? '' Creep, what should I say?

'' Um yes, but he's very busy, but we'll meet up at his house. '' I tell him and he agrees. We hang up and I directly called Matthew, I called him a few times but he didn't answer. 

Where are you Matthew?!

Nawal

After he left I leaned against the wall and slowly slide down to sit down, tears flooded from my eyes. I cried so hard and sobbed so much. Leila sat next to me, I rested my head on her shoulder as I cried. '' Shush, It will go over. Everything is going to be alright, okay Hunny? '' She says with a light and sweet tone. '' Leila, what should I do? I don't want to marry Afif, I don't want anyone but Matthew! '' I say between my sobs. '' But I'm scared that one of us would get hurt by my brother. '' I say. She strokes my head as she nods. '' I understand, I understand. You both love each other and scared for each other, but sometimes we don't know what Allah has written for us. This might have to happen, and then something better may happen. We just don't know what will happen. God has his reasons. '' I realize what she's saying Is true, this maybe must happen. Maybe I and Matthew aren't meant for each other, maybe I'm meant to be with Afif. 

Maybe Matthew was just a test for me, and Afif is the one? No! No! Please, I don't want anybody but Matthew, I want him to be the one. I cry harder and I feel Leila pulling me closer to me as she hugs me really hard.