Something Extra

A picture of Matthew Bayafoards

Matthew

Don't tell me this girl is working for me! No, It can't happen. Did Loren really employ this psychopath? I mean, there were many who came for the interview and she really did employ this girl.

'' Umm, eh yes I did. '' She answers Loren. '' Well why aren't you saying anything boss? '' Loren asks. I look at her then Nawal. '' Yes, um yes. You did a great job by employing Nawal. '' I say and a fake smile. What would I say? '' I know, then let's head up. '' Loren says and walks into the elevator. 

While we're waiting for the elevator to go up Loren and Nawal talk to each other while I'm just standing there listening to what they say. '' I love your outfit. '' Loren compliments Nawal. '' Thanks, Loren. My friend gave me it. '' Nawal smiles and looks down at her outfit.

'' Is it the same friend that got beaten up by her dumb-ass husband? '' Loren asks. Wait did she tell Loren about the incident? This girl is really crazy. '' Yeah... That friend. '' Nawal says nervously and looks at me. '' It's so good that you beat him up. '' Loren says looking at Nawal. '' Yeah, I would've killed him if his jerk friend didn't stop. '' She says looking at me. I roll my eyes. '' Yeah, what a jerk. I would kill his friend too if I were you! '' Loren says. 

Did Loren just roast me? Loren did just roast me! If she only knew that Nawal meant me, even though I didn't stop her from beating him. I stopped him from pulling her hijab. Should I fire them both now?

'' I know right?! I don't know what happened to me. '' She says and looks at Loren.

9 Floor

The elevator opens up and we get out of the elevator. '' Loren, bring me my coffee. '' I order Loren. '' Well Boss, from this day Nawal will bring you your coffee for you. Don't worry I already told her how you want your coffee. '' She says and looks at me. I sigh, I wish I never said yes to Loren about that assistant thing. I look at Nawal and she glares at me. 

'' Fine then what are you waiting for Nawal? '' I ask her. '' Sorry, jer-boss. '' She says and leaves for the coffee room. I roll my eyes.

'' Loren, why her? You told me that many signed up? '' I look at Loren. '' I know boss, but everyone was here because of you, not the company. They wanted to get close to you. She was the only one who was serious about this job. I know she's mus- '' 

'' It's not about that Loren, It's just- Nevermind. '' I say. '' Have you met her before? '' Loren asks. I sigh. '' No, now go back to work. '' I order Loren. '' Yes boss. '' 

5 minutes later 

Nawal

I storm into his office. I see him sitting in a chair in front of his desks. He looks up, I can see how he furrows his eyebrows of anger. '' Here is your coffee. '' I put it in his desk really hard that the coffee spilled a little. '' Something is really wrong with your brain, don't you think you should check it up? I could go with you to the hospital. '' He says and drinks from the coffee.

'' I spat on your coffee while I made it. '' I lie. He spat all the coffee all over his desk. I burst out laughing. '' Did- You- Really- HAHAHAHA! '' I laugh really hard. I see how anger bowls inside him.

'' Of course, with that brain inside your head, you could do anything. '' He points at my head '' Yeah yeah, at least I don't stand for- '' 

'' Stop saying that, I don't stand for something like that. You just misunderstood. '' He says. '' Right, then why did you stop me from beating him. '' I cross my arms. '' I didn't stop you from beating him. I stopped him from pulling your scarf. '' He says wiping away the coffee in his desk with some tissues. I look at him confused. 

Don't tell me I've been accusing him of something he didn't do. I'm so stupid! '' I don't care, I still hate you. '' I roll my eyes.

'' You can hate me as much you want but when you're at work you can't show that if you don't want to get fired, of course. '' He chuckles. '' Whatever, I'm leaving for Loren. '' I say and about to walk away. '' Tell Loren too call everyone for a meeting. '' He orders me. I nod at him and walk out.

Meeting

Loren and I walk into the meeting room and I see many employes sitting talking and waiting for the boss. When they see me they start whispering some even glares at me. They probably think I'm a terrorist. '' Don't mind them. '' Loren says and smiles at me. '' I'm not. '' I say and smile back.

'' Good morning everyone. '' Boss says walking in. He looks at me for a second and then at everyone. '' So as many know, I'm here to present about our new project. '' He says.

'' This time we're going to do something extra, instead of clothes we're going to style wedding dresses. '' He says, everyone cheers. '' Finally something new. '' A girl with pink hair says.

Boss presents about the project and about how the wedding dresses are going to be styled.

1 hour later

'' That was everything, does anyone want to add something else? '' Boss asks. '' Boss, your idea was incredible, we're so lucky to have you as a boss. '' Someone says. Well, I don't agree with that. I feel everyone's eyes on me. Freak, I thought that too loud. '' Excuse me, Miss Hassan? ''

'' Uh.. um.. I agree on that '' lucky to have you as a boss '' part, but your idea wasn't that perfect. '' I say and look at him. Loren slaps my arm. I look at her and she gives me that '' What are you doing?! '' look.

'' Why do you think that? '' He asks crossing his arms. I look at everyone then him. '' You said that you want something extra this time, right? '' I ask him. '' Well, yes. ''

'' But the whole project isn't that extra, fine you decided to style a wedding dress. But the dress should be extra too. '' I feel everyone's eyes on me.

'' What is extra for you, Nawal? '' He asks. '' Extra for me is something unusual, something a person never thought of. When the man sees the bride in that wedding dress he needs to think that he made a good choice marrying this girl. '' I smile. '' Then how do you think this dress should be styled? '' He asks.

I tell them everything about how an'' Extra '' dress should be styled and I can see how boss looks impressed.

'' That's just what I think. '' I say after explaining everything. '' That was perfect! '' Loren says and claps her hands. Everyone claps their hands to, expect boss. I big smile appear on my face.

Boss takes some steps closer to me. '' Well, it looks like your brain can be a good use sometimes. '' He tease me and I roll my eyes.

------------------------------------------

I hope this story isn't getting boring for you, Tell me what I should add to spice up this story.

Comment what you think!