ch. liii

Start writing your story

even wattpad said it. look at that ^^^.

I DON'T NEED A WEBSITE TO TELL ME I'M LAZY, DAMMIT-

Tam's Wanderling was almost exactly the way Linh had dreamed it would look and that honestly scared her. Overactive imaginations were so not a gift.

She was now the only one left on the mountain. Everyone else had gone home; either to get some sleep or for some work. Even Biana had reluctantly leaped away with Fitz. Normally, Linh would have asked her to stay, but now she wanted to be alone for a while.

In a slightly dreamlike state, she glided up to the tree, hesitantly placing her hand on the rough bark. "Hey there....Tammy."

Was she imagining it, or did the black leaves twitch slightly at the sound of his nickname?

Yep, she was definitely imagining it. She needed more sleep.

[ *breaks fourth wall* WHO'S SLEEP? *fixes fourth wall* ]

"Look at that. The light reflecting off the leaves make 'em look silver," murmured a very familiar voice from behind her.

Linh spun around so fast that the silver tips of her hair, splaying out behind her, nearly sliced into Biana's outstretched palms. "Oh- it's you. You scared me, you know."

"The perks of being a Vanisher." Biana completely ignored the reproach, instead gazing up at the tree with a slightly awed look. "He looks so much taller up close. And look, he's sort of leaning to one side...? Kind of like he's waiting for someone."

"Yeah, it does look like that," Linh agreed, squinting up at the shiny leaves. "But so does Forkle's. I'm just calling it the twin characteristic of a Wanderling."

"Mmhm." Biana dipped her hand into the sling bag at her side. "I've got something here for him, but now that I've seen the tree up close, it's sort of going to spoil the mood."

"Oh?" She'd succeeded in getting Linh's attention. "Well, let's see it anyway."

"Sure. But you're definitely going to agree with me." Biana handed over the bag, which was much lighter than it looked. Impatiently, Linh shoved her hand inside, only for it to collide with something soft and...fluffy?

"Biana...what-"

"Shh. Look at it fully."

Still confused, Linh did as she was told. And when she saw the object she now held in her hands, she couldn't help but smile. "This...this is perfect."

"You really think so?" Biana scratched the back of her neck nervously. "I mean, a sparkly stuffed murcat's not usually what people put under Wanderlings..."

"Since when has anything about Tam been usual?" Linh rebuked, setting down the stuffed toy at the base of the tree. "Look at that. I think it's absolutely beautiful. What about you?"

"I...yeah. It does look nice."

omg like what did i just do over here...?

thnx for reading this cringe stuff!!! <3