ch. xxxii

Another Biana chapter 😁
I'm trying to nail her character effortlessly as a personal challenge. She's REALLY hard to do 😣

(Yes, I love emojis. Sue me.)

Miyu hearts Dex in this chapter. Dex. Dex is awesome. Dex deserves appreciation. And page time. And love. And fame. And page time. And a whole series about him.

#DexOnTheCover2020

The tears kept coming, and the fact that they weren't stopping scared her a bit.

How did she never realize before exactly how much affection she had for Tam?

And when she finally did, why did they have so little time together?

It wasn't fair.

"Hey," Dex whispered hoarsely. "You okay?"

She nodded and wiped away the annoying wet patches on her cheeks. Her eyeliner was already smudged, so this didn't really make a difference. "I just can't stop crying."

He looked confused. "Then why did you say you're okay?"

"I...don't know, honestly," she admitted. "My body's doing one thing, and my brain, another."

He nodded sympathetically. "Anything I can do to help?"

"No...not really. But thanks for asking."

"Anytime."

They were both quiet for some time, before Biana decided to break the suffocating silence. "So....you and Linh? Please humor me, I'm trying to distract myself."

A smile revealed a ghost of his dimples. "Linh? She's...amazing. I'm not sure if I'm good enough for her."

Biana sighed, shaking her head. "Stop right there. I don't have the energy to give you a massive pep talk right now, so just accept the fact that you both are perfect for each other, and continue."

"You really think so?" His grin widened, deepening the dimples. "Like, really?"

"I know so." She returned his grin with a weak smile of her own. His enthusiasm, though sort of inappropriate for the moment,was still infectious. "You're going to be one of those couples who'll be together forever."

"Thanks," he mumbled, suddenly bashful. "Wish I could say the same to you..."

"Yeah." Her chest squeezed painfully at the thought of.....you know. It was all she could do to not wince at the pain. "But...I guess I'm going to have to live with it. Unless there's a way of bringing people back to life."

Tiergan, who had been staring out of a window so silently that Biana had forgotten he was still there, sighed. "If only we could do that,imagine how much grief would have been averted."

Biana tuned out as Dex agreed with the older elf. Instead, her mind began combing over what Tiergan had just said. She had never really thought about it- elves didn't die of natural causes, unless they were practically fossils. And all the people she'd heard of who were dead... they had all been (somewhat) young.

Jolie.

Kenric.

Mr Forkle (she didn't know exactly how old he was, but she knew he wasn't one of the Ancients).

Cyrah Endal.

And now... Biana had another name to add to the list. The one name that gave the list a whole new meaning.

Up till now, the names had been mostly people she'd barely known,or simply heard of. And now...?

She didn't really want to think about it anymore.

hope y'all liked that? i hope biana was in-character :)

love you all so much <3