ch. xxvi

Did they update Wattpad or something? The fonts look weird now....

Or is it just me?

Linh couldn't stop her mouth from hanging open. Heck, she didn't even realise it was, until Biana winced slightly and asked her to do so.

She obeyed, albeit still completely thrown-off. Had actually broken up, she questioned, or was it just a little fight?

"It was the real thing." Biana hugged her knees to her chest. "We....figured out that it didn't work, because according to Keefe, I have..." she swallowed hard, as if she was unable to continue.

"Because you have...?" Linh prompted. All her initial hostility towards her friend had vanished, leaving her with only sympathy and slight anticipation.

"Because....I have feelings for Tam." Biana switched her gaze from Linh's eyes to her feet. 

"What?!" Linh nearly fell off the bed with shock. "How d'you know? And how did you take so long to figure out?"

"What actually happened was that Keefe read my emotions when I was thinking of him, and....." she mimed a small explosion with her hands. "Course, they weren't conscious emotions. Keefe rambled on and on about one of his dad's theories.... I didn't really listen. And Sophie's 'explanation' didn't really help. But...after Sophie went home and Keefe went outside to play tackle bramble with Fitz, I actually started thinking about it, and I realised that he was right."

"And then you hailed me," Linh breathed. "Wait. Why did you hail me again?"

"Well, firstly I wanted my friend back. Secondly...I was trying to invite myself over in some sort of attempt to say hi to Tam." Biana rubbed her eyes, which were still tinted pink. "So. Down to business. What did you mean by 'he's dying and it's your fault'?"

Linh sighed. "You may or may not believe me."

"Try me."

And Linh did. As she filled Biana in, the latter's eyes grew shinier and shinier, until she was outright crying. Albeit very silently. No loud sniffles or wails.

"I..." she wiped at her eyes furiously, smudging her eyeliner in the process. "I can't believe I did that to him."

Linh had to use all her willpower right there to not get up and drag her to Tam's room. Instead, she settled for hugging Biana fiercely. "It doesn't matter now. Because," she paused, savouring the words. "Because now we can cure him."

It doesn't look it, but that was 400 words, people. Don't come complaining to me about short chapters, please, this was my third update today.