ch. xxii

*smiles at all the lovely readers and hides from wannabe killers*

But seriously. I can't believe how far this story's gone in like what, a week? Yeah, a week. You guys are the ones to thank for that.

So....,,,,.... THANK YOU!!!!

*stops because she has no idea what else to say/how to say it*

gO READ NOW!!!

*t-rex noises*

"We need to talk." Keefe's head snapped up at the sound of Biana's voice. It was surprisingly toned down, and the serious expression she was wearing didn't really help ease his growing feeling of dread.

"Okay." He watched her warily and she made her way into the room and flopped down on the bed he was also sitting on.

From where he stood at the desk, Fitz's eyebrow shot up. "Couple stuff?"

"Yeah." Biana made a little shooing motion at him with her hand. "Bye."

He shook his head and left, with surprisingly little grumbling. Keefe stretched. "Let me guess: you wanna break up."

A multitude of emotions flickered across her beautiful face. Sadness. Astonishment. Apology. But....also a little hope. "...how did you know?"

"I'm an Empath, Biana. I've been feeling it from the beginning that you didn't like it," he said quietly. "Just was wondering when you'd actually say so."

She managed a shaky laugh. "Heh. It was that obvious?"

He shrugged as best as he could while lying down. "Well, I only knew because I could feel your emotions. Foster and the Fitzter definitely wouldn't have figured it out, given how clueless both of them happen to be. You did a good job of playing the happy girlfriend role."

"Good. At least my acting skills are perfect."

"It's not the only thing perfect about you, Biana." Keefe sat up, looking her dead in the eye.

She flushed slightly and averted her gaze. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course." Usually, he's make a joke about never giving away the secret to The Hair, but....not now.

She bit her lip. "You were the one who told me first that you liked me. Was that actually true?"

"Course it was. I wouldn't have led you on like that."

She reached for his hand. "Then....are you really fine with us breaking up? Like, a hundred percent fine?"

He couldn't say no. He couldn't destroy whatever fragile hope she had left. Sure, her leaving would hurt, but...he was used to the pain by now.

"I just want you to be happy."

She blinked a few times, before smiling and getting to her feet. "Thank you so much for understanding."

"It's okay. That's generally what I do."

Biana pauses at the doorway, head still turned towards him. "And, uh, we're still friends, right?"

"Yeah."

I've been dying for the best time to stick a Keefe chapter in there. Hopefully I did it good?

*plays trumpets in honor of Keefe, because he's Keefe*