ch. xx

Twentieth chapter ALREADY???

This book has made me more productive than my mom's threats ever did, guys.

Also, for those who haven't read Legacy yet: is it okay if I include the name of Linh's murcat? Not a massive spoiler or anything, but it's quite a laugh if you don't see it coming, so.....yeah. If you don't wanna miss out on that, I won't include it here.

Also, things (in this story) aren't going to be quite canon. Just wanted to let you know.

It took Linh a few seconds to realize that the metallic buzzing noise was from her Imparter.

In her defense, she didn't really get hailed very often. The only people who actually called her were Tam, Tiergan and occasionally Wylie. Tam usually just to check on her, most of the time, Tiergan to check on them both, and Wylie because...well, because they were friends. And Wylie didn't even really hail anymore. He and Mr Forkle were spending all their spare time into trying to retrieve Premtice's lost memories.

So you could probably imagine her surprise when Biana's face pouted up at her from the tiny screen. "We never see you any more, and that needs to be fixed."

Linh held back a sigh. "Why?"

"Isn't it obvious, Linh? We miss you! And also, Keefe said if you refused, that would be a sign that you were spending far too long in the same room as Tam, and inherited his, and I quote, 'stupid Bangs-Boy-y snark'"

"Oh, well, if Keefe says so, why should I protest?" Linh muttered under her breath.

"You're literally proving him right, right now." Biana's teal eyes narrowed at her through the tiny screen. "Also.....are you mad at me?"

Linh sighed. This was becoming a very sigh-y conversation, she noticed. "No....."

"Oh." For a split second, she looked relieved, before snapping back into interrogator mode. "Then why are you avoiding us? And you also kind of looked like you wanted to strangle me, the other day, in Everglen. Why?"

Linh could feel a headache coming on. "Biana, I really don't want to talk about it right now."

Biana shrugged. "Okay. We'll come back to it eventually. But next question: why don't you want to spend time with us? I mean, Tam's just got a little cold. Few sneezes, few snorts and its over. So why are you babying him so much? It's not like he's dying or anything."

When Linh didn't meet her state, Biana's eyes widened. "Wait....come to think of it, you never told us the exact details of what's wrong with him." She gulped heavily. "He isn't dying, right?"

Linh refuses to answer that question.

"Linh, you can't just leave me hanging on something like that. This is serious."

Oh, she very much could leave her hanging.

"Please, Linh. I need you to tell me he's alright."

"I'm...not going to tell you," Linh whispered, knowing that if she didn't give some sort of response, Biana would probably leap over and wrestle the answer out of her in person.

"Why not?" Biana was growing steadily more and more frustrated. "Just answer that. Why?"

"Because you're right, he is dying, but it's all your fault!"

Weeeeehehehe.
Cliffhanger in honor of Legacy.

*scooches back behind protective shield* I'm really gonna need this.