ch. xliv

Okay somehow this book has like 5.62k reads which is currently blowing mah poor mind to bits—

Thank you so much if you've helped bring this book to where it is now. I love you all, E V E R Y single one of you. Don't forget that.

And also: in case I abruptly stop updating every day, it means that studying is only letting me do certain things. Please don't ask me to update during those times. I update only when I have something to update.

Onwards.

Fitz had been giving her the Big Brother Look™. Which meant that there was a Talk™ coming up soon.

The thought did not help Biana's churning stomach.

Approximately twenty seconds after Sophie and Dex vanished inside was when he spoke up. "Biana, c'mon. We need to have a talk."

Well yay.

She sighed quietly, following him into another tiny room next to the living room. "What?"

"Explain. What happened to Tam. All the details."

"No."

Frustratedly, he ran a hand through his hair. "I'm your brother, Biana. You can talk to me."

"Yeah, well, I don't want to."

"You never do!" He whined. "When are you gonna understand that I'm trying to help you?!"

"When you start doing things that actually help! Like oh, I don't know, maybe not making me talk about it? I don't know what kind of messed-up therapist act you think you're playing, but drop it. Now." Biana held his gaze with more ferocity than she'd ever used at once before. It felt like something inside her had snapped, and all she could do was vent at people. First, the Songs and now...Fitz.

Maybe she and her brother were more alike than she thought?

The very thought of becoming a rage monster was what forced her to cool down a bit.

But only a bit.

Fitz looked taken aback. "But...I just want to— never mind. It's okay. I don't need to know. I'll trust you."

In spite of herself, an eyebrow shot up. "Wow. That's a lot for you."

"I'm trying." He was quiet for a whole minute. "But are you alright?"

And that's what finally broke the dam.

[not a pjo reference, fellow fanpotatoes.]

Somehow- Biana had no idea how -Fitz was suddenly hugging her, stroking her hair soothingly as she bawled her eyes out for the second time that day. She know that he was doing his best to comfort her.

Biana from two weeks ago wouldn't have been comforted. But current Biana was.

That hug was the only thing keeping her anchored to the planet right then.