ch. xxix

reeeeEEEEEEEEEEE

1.8K READS

I DO NOT DESERVE THIS

NOT WHEN IM KILLING SHADE BOI

Also.... it's been forever since I updated this. Sorryyyyyy!!

Of course Linh had her ear pressed to the door, from the moment she'd swung it shut behind her. Face it. In her place anyone would've done the same. It was practically expected of the sister to do it.

Which is where Dex found her, roughly ten minutes later. He snort-laughed at her eager expression. "What's gotten you so excited?"

"You sound like Tam," she noted, moving away from the door. "Guess who's inside right now?"

"Tam. Duh. It's his room, isn't it?" He scratched his nose casually, averting his eyes, the way he always did now when talking about the twin brother.

Linh nodded, grinning. "And who else? I'll give you a clue: her name starts with B and ends with i-a-n-a."

Dex froze, hand still poised above nose, with mouth hanging open. "Really?"

Linh clapped excitedly. "It's finally happened. And guess what this means?"

Slowly, a grin spread over Dex's face, showing off his dimples. "He lives now?"

"Yeah!" Linh couldn't seem to stop smiling. Everything seemed so...right now. She wouldn't lose Tam. Tam would have Biana. And she wouldn't have to see him in pain anymore. "I'm so....happy! He'll be with me forever!" Unconsciously, she curled her fingers, gathering several tiny balls of moisture from the air and made them bounce around on her palms.

Dex laughed at the sight of Linh literally juggling the water. "It's nice to see you so happy again."

"Yeah!" One of the balls narrowly avoided splashing into the walls as she hooked a finger around in a complex-looking hook shape. "It feels like- oh, hey, Wylie and Tiergan! Guess who's inside there right now?"

Wylie smiled indulgently at the sight of her child-like excitement. "Hi, Linh. We've got some news for you..."

"Oh?" She looked back and forth from his now nervous smile, and Tiergan's unusually pale face. "Well, go on, then."

Tiergan chewed his lip. "You... might want Tam to hear this as well."

A frown crossed Linh's face. "But he's with-" Abruptly, the door was flung open.

"Linh!" Biana cried, not even attempting to hide the tear streaming down her cheek. "He-he just coughed up another flower!"

It was too much for her to handle.

Linh's eyes rolled back as her legs gave way.

crikey. thoughts? music?

nah. *yeets trumpet out of window*