Chapter 37

Aaron's P.O.V

It’s the 24th of December today. Christmas eve. My family is joining us at Simone’s house, so we can celebrate Christmas together. Simone is so exited to show me how Danish people celebrate Christmas. They open the gifts after they have ate Christmas dinner the 24th, and then they get this dessert made out of rice. It may sound a little gross but Simone says it taste like heaven. And i believe her because normally she hates rice with a passion. The whole house is filled with Christmas decorations and candles. There are Christmas balls hanging in the windows, and of course they have a big and beautiful tree, standing in the middle of the living room. “Aaron would you mind helping your old mom here” My mom says and makes her cute giggle. She is standing with Greyson in her arms, 2 bags of potatoes, and Simone's Christmas present. 

"Sure" I smile politely, and reach out after Greyson. "Thanks" She mumble as she walks out to Simone's mom, to help with peeling all the potatoes. I look around in the house, everyone is happy, and in a Christmas mood. Dustyn is currently talking to Kenni Simone’s brother, i think they are talking about LOL but i’m not quite sure. I try to find Simone but she is no where to be found.

“Where is Simone?” I ask Kenni, he lift his shoulders to show he don’t know it. Dustyn point to her room, and i slowly move my feet also called walking over to her room. The door is closed and i can hear the slow music playing behind the door. She is always listening to music when she is getting ready for something.

I slowly open the door into her room, and peck to see if i can come in. “You can come in Aaron” She laugh, i walk in and see her sitting in the wheelchair trying to get her dress on. I chuckle and without asking i help her up on her feet, so its easier to get on her dress. 

Its the same black dress she wore on one of our first dates. She is not wearing any hat or snapback which i like, because she is no longer afraid to show her disease. “Oh well isn’t this awkward” She giggle, and i can’t help it but smile because of her cute giggle i fell for the first time i heard it. “Come on i have seen your body plenty of times babe” I say winking, noticing the redness in her cheeks spread.

 “Oh shut up Carpenter” 

—————————————------—-—-2 HOURS LATER———----————————————

“This is so good” Is say chewing on my food. Simone smiles, and place her hand on my inner thigh so i almost spit out the wine i just drank. She notice my reaction and thinks its funny to slide it further up my thigh. I try to focus on Kenni and Dustyn’s conversation going on, her thumb slowly starts drawing circles on my thigh. “Excuse me” I say, and get up from my chair. I can hear Simone laugh as i walk away from the table into the restroom. 

I take a deep breath and focus on something else than her hand sliding up my thigh. She is such a tease. I look myself in the mirror, and my green eyes are starring back at me. I fix my hair so its styled the way it always is. I laugh it off, and walk into the kitchen were they all are sitting around the table. I sit back down and eat my food.

When we have ate the dinner, its time for the dessert, and Simone was right the dessert did taste like heaven. We ate plenty of dessert and drank this special dessert wine, Simone's dad insisted that we needed to taste. Simone had been quiet during the whole dinner. She had been drugging herself with painkillers and medicine since she had been home from the hospital. This could impossible be a good sign. There had to be something she didn't tell me. "Simone did you ta-" Her mom speak but Simone interrupt her with a simple "Yes" 

I look at Simone, and i can clearly see that she is annoyed that her mom had to ask her, whatever she wanted to ask Simone. I take her hand, and give it a tight squeeze i send a nervous smile at her direction, and she just looks at me with a broken smile. 

"Well shouldn't we go into the living room, and dance around the tree" My mom says, trying to lift the mood a bit. But she only makes it worse.. I look over at Simone. "Oh.." My mom says noticing Simone can't walk or dance. Wait.. We could make this happen. "Come everyone" i say happy and i help Simone  carefully up from her chair and into her wheelchair. "Thanks" She mumble, we all get into the living room and everyone is looking at me waiting, for me to tell the idea that i got back there. I sit down on my knees next to Simone in her wheelchair, she smiles down at me. "I'm so proud of you" She whisper and search for my hand to hold. 

"Well my idea is, since Simone can't walk without being in pain i thought about that i could give her a piggy back ride, while we was dancing around the tree. So we still could follow the traditions" I speak up and everyone seems to like my idea, they all smile at me and Simone is smiling like one who just won a million dollars. I love her seeing her smile. Her smile could cure cancer and end a war.  "If Simone wants to do it" Her dad say and looks at Simone.

Simone's P.O.V

My dad is looking at me, actually everyone is looking at me. Aaron is still holding my hand waiting for me to answer the question. I hate that i just can't stand up and dance around the Christmas tree like normal people without being in pain, just like all the other years where i didn't have any problems with my stupid bones. I want my old life back..

Back to where it all was normal.I always wanted to die, back to before i knew Aaron. And now when I'm about to die, i realize how stupid i was.. I had everything i needed, a few good friends, and a place to live. I don't want to die now, when I'm finally happy. I finally found the love i searched, and i got it. But i know that i have to live in the moment, cause you never know when its over. You never know when you're not going to wake up again. One day you will die. And you won't come back. 

I shake my head mentally getting out of my own thoughts. "Yes we could do it, if Aaron can lift me" I say laughing a bit. "Oh shut up, I'm strong" He say and everyone smiles at us. He bent down in front of me, i put my arms around his neck, and he lifts me up holding on into my legs, so i don't fall back down. And we starts dancing around the Christmas tree, having fun with singing songs, Aaron, Dustyn and Becky as the only ones hitting the notes. We all unwrap the gifts. And when i unwrap the one from Aaron i cant help it but smile really big. It's a silver bracelet with 2 charms. An A and a S. 

"Do you like it?" He ask, as i take it up from the little red box, were it was laying in. "I love it so much, thank you" I smile kissing his cheek. He helps me putting it on, and then we open the rest of our presents.

When everyone have wrapped up all their gifts, we all go to bed. Aaron helps me to change into my night clothes, which is basically his clothes. "You look so good in my clothes" He whisper, wrapping his arms around me from behind. We are both sitting on the edge of my bed. Aaron is sitting behind me having his arms wrapped around me. "We should sleep now" I whisper, and Aaron mumble something unclear in my ear.

We both lay down under the same duvet, and cuddle up next to each other. "Night princess i love you"

"I love you too" I mumble, and feel my eyelids get heavy. 

A/n 
THANKS FOR 25 K READS