Pub

"I cannot believe it," Evelyn said incredulously. "Eleanor smiled?"

I nod. We are now sitted in a really swanky bar called "Charlie's Pants" with jazz music pumping from the speakers and loads of badly dressed teenagers moving their hips to the beat on the dance floor. I've been telling Evelyn what happened lately and to be honest, she's pretty freaked out.

"Geez. You're like a danger magnet." She rolled her eyes. "I can't believe Hannah kidnapped you and you didn't even tell me about it."

"I wasn't exactly free," I joke.

"Where's Ed?" Evelyn asks. "He always following you around. Such an over-protective fella."

"Off to work. He's always this busy." I shrug.

There's an awkward pause. I survey her face quietly. "How are things with Berry? Did he take the miscarriage too seriously?"

Evelyn frowned. She stares at her fingers for a few moments. "We're fine," she says quietly. "I mean, it has been awhile since the incident happened. Things are pretty rocky but we're working things out. I even paid a visit to the counselor with him."

"I'm sorry, Evelyn, I'm serious." I touch her hand. "If it wasn't for me..."

"It's not your fault." She shakes her head and I can tell that she's fighting back her tears. Evelyn's just like that. She always maintain a strong front even though she's crumbling inside and as a friend, I can't help which makes me feel terrible.

"Don't worry." She pats my shoulder. "I'm going to party my booty off today and forget all my troubles."

"Ladies." The bartendar appears infront of us. He looks at us interestedly. "What will you have today?"

"An apple martini, thanks," Evelyn says lightly, back to her cheery self.

"Sa-" I start but stop. I'm pregnant. I can't take alcohol. "Can I have a glass of orange juice please?"

As the bartendar disappears, Evelyn turns to me with a puzzled expression. "You haven't sworn off alcohol right? You're in a bar, for goodness sake. We're getting drunk tonight."

"I...I can't," I hesitate. "I'm pregnant."

All I can say is, thank goodness the baby's okay after such the traumatic kidnapping.

"Wow!" Evelyn's eyes light up. She grabs my hands and squeeze them hard. "That's fantastic! Ed and you must have been working hard at it lately! If only I had my baby, I would be able to do all those maternal stuff with you...." Her voice trailed off to a whisper I hug her tightly.

"Evelyn. It's ok. You will be this child's godmother," I whisper. "You can help me raise him or her."

She nods and takes my hand. "Let's dance. Exercise for the baby and stuff."

I laugh and following her lead, start dancing to the beat of the upbeat music. Adrenaline rushes through me and I feel much happier.

As I turn my head, I see Evelyn dancing with a hot blonde guy and she's smiling widely. I'm glad to see her all cheered up.

Suddenly, a tan, muscled guy slithers to my side. Not bad-looking but it's kind of weird that he's looking at me hungrily.

"Wanna dance?" he asks in a throaty voice.

"Anything." I shrug. I'm not looking for a one-night stand now that I'm committed to Ed but a little flrting would be fine and perhaps, fun.

He places his hand on my hips. Urgh. He doesn't smell as nice as Ed. He smells kind of revolting, as if he hadn't washed for days. I want to move away but he has his hands clamped onto my waist so it's kind of hard.

Ok, maybe this is fine. Maybe this is standard clubbing behavior.

"You're hot," he said huskily as he leant in closer.

"Yea, right," I say sarcastically. Dude, this person's really irritating. He's practically grinding against me. I haven't actually met such weirdos before. This is definitely a first.

"So hot...so hot..." he's panting.

Geez. Is he running a marathon? This is really disgusting. Should I move away or something...?

Suddenly, without any warning, he reaches out his hand and unbuttons a button on my shirt.

I shriek and slap his face. I quickly refasten the button and glare at him. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

Evil-smelling guy smirks. "Babe, we were having fun. Did you have to go ruin it?" he says in a low voice. "Now, come over here so I can continue where we left off...."

The instant he reaches for me, I duck and aim my leg between his legs. I feel a lurch of pleasure as he releases a primal scream and doubles over.

"You bi-" he begins but I stamp my foot on him. With my high heels, I reckon he won't be walking any time soon.

"Chloe!" Evelyn comes rushing over. "What the hell happened?" She stares at me with wide eyes.

"Pervert," I spat. "You're talking to a girl who was held at gun point just a few days ago. I'm not scared of anything anymore. If you dare to make a move on any girl again, I'm going to kick your ass."

There's a moment of silence and I realise that everyone has stopped whatever they are doing to stare at us.

Suddenly, someone starts to clap and another person follows. Within a few seconds, everyone in the bar's clapping.

"You go girl!" a womans screams. "Stand up for the females!"

"Kick him again! This time, aim properly!" another teenage girl shouts.

I stare at them in shock. Evil-smelling guy gets up, spits on the floor and leaves in a hurry and everyone starts cheering.

"Chloe," Evelyn says in a strained voice. "You're literally a danger magnet."

I smile. "What can I say? My hormones are acting up."