The Unknown Lady

"Here's the file for the Sunshine Offices' project." I smile and hand Marilyn a thick bundle of paper. It's nearing 5pm and I can't wait for a break. Ed hasn't emerged out of his office all day.

Okay, fine, I was deliberately looking for it. I'm just...worried. Usually, he will come out and give us compliments and cheers like, "Let's do it, Team Dazzle!" It's cheezy and all but we secretly like it because Raymond-the-fat-cow- never does anything like that. Ed bothers. It's just the type of guy he is.

'Geez, more work." She rolls her eyes. "Looks like we'll have to do OT like again." She flicks her golden blonde locks and grimace. I'm guessing she has a date on tonight.

"Well, I can't fuck Kevin tonight already. I'm totally desperate for sex. Like really," Marilyn continues, oblivious to some people's stares. Derek glares at us but Marily refuses to back down and glares back before he turns away his head. Only Marilyn can admonish Derek.

 "I'm an heiress, for goodness sake! I don't have to give up sex for work or money. That just ruins my reputation. Do you know what Daddy will say to this? Maybe I should have listened to him and just stay at home." She leans against my cubicle, showing off her skinny pale legs.

I secretly envy Marilyn's confidence and figure. She has the guts, demeanor and attitude to stand up to everything. Me? Na-ah. I prefer to stick my head into the sand like an ostrich. Of course, real life often comes kicking my butt when I least expect it.

"Yea," I mumble, typing hastily on the computer.

"Man, Chloe, can you stop working for just 1 second?" she snaps.

"Sorry, can't do. I've to get this report in before Derek buries me in the woods." I stuck out my tongue.

"Who cares about Derek? Let's just quit this fucking job," she growls.

"I don't have a trust fund like you."

"Babe. I can fund you. Just say the word."

"No thanks. I like this job. Things are looking better now that Ed- I mean, er, Mr Hardy is on board." I smile privately.

"He's so hot. I just..want to get into his pants," Marilyn says. "Do you know I tried to seduce him the other day?"

"No kidding," I play along. "Did he fall for it?"

"No! I was wearing spandex. What kind of normal man refuses a woman in spandex?" she sighs. "I think he might be gay. It's just too bad for all the woman on this earth. Why're good-looking guys always gay?"

"Yea." I pretend to frown though I'm secretly amused. "Guess you're not his type after all."

"Damn. I bought all those sexy underwear for nothing," Marilyn moans like a banshee. "I need to get laid. Like. Right now."

Derek comes over and glares at me. "Have you done the report for the designing ideas yet? We didn't hire you to chit-chat and have tea," he says angrily.

I hand him the neatly bundled papers and can't help a smirk as he flips through them. That will show him, that idiotic cow.

"I need you to redo this." He throws it back at me and I catch it swiftly.

"Why?" I widen my eyes. I had spent my entire morning on the report.

"The concept needs to be redone. The team and I reviewed it just a moment ago." Derek smirks.

"You could have told me!" I'm enraged. How can he do this to me? That...that low-class slime ball of shit. I could have kicked his balls if not for the fact that I'm wearing my favourite high heels and I didn't want them to be going anywhere near his privates.