JAGS Part II: Final Chapter

***Let's get connected!
Facebook: www.facebook.com/cabraljulierose
Instagram: juliecabs
See you there! ☺

Just Another Gangster Story (JAGS) Part II

For the Love of Johann
©iAmJulie, 2014.

Final Chapter

Walang forever.. Yan eh kung hindi ka maniniwala sa power ng Love. Ang katuparan ng forever ay nakasalalay sa dalawang taong nagmamahalan. It should not only be said, but also with deeds.

People tend to give up easily especially when they feel pain. Little did they know, that pain is a key to make them realize how special it is to love someone and to be loved in return. Ganun naman talaga, hindi natin mare-realize ang kahalagahan ng isang bagay hangga't hindi ito nalalayo o nawawala sa atin. People tend to be self-centered too. Ang gusto lang maramdaman ay saya. Pero hindi rin naman natin maa-appreciate kung gaano kahalaga ng bawat  masasayang sandali sa buhay natin hangga't di tayo nakakaramdam ng lungkot o ng pag-iisa.

There are people that are weak and easily succumbs to pain and hurt. They just let fate takes its course. Naniniwala din naman siya sa tadhana or sa destiny. Pero siyempre, mas effective kung sasamahan ng konting effort.

And she's so glad she did. Hindi niya maipaliwanag kung gaano siya kasaya habang tinitingnan ang sarili niya habang suot ang wedding gown na matagal na niyang pinangarap na suotin. She's a glowing bride. Hindi maalis alis ang ngiti sa mga labi niya. Even when she walked down the make-shift aisle. Very solemn ang wedding ceremony nila. Piling pili lang ang inimbitahan nila. These people are those who had a special role in their lives and their journey.

Totoo nga pala ang sinasabi ng mga ikinasal.. Kapag naglalakad na sa aisle ang bride, parang tumitigil ang mundo. And that's what she exactly felt. Naka-focus lang ang tingin niya kay Johann. His groom stands there dashing as ever. Nakatitig lang din ito sa kanya. She felt her heart went warm when she saw the tears in Johann's eyes as he watch her slowly walks to the altar.

Everything was overwhelming. Pakiramdam niya nakalutang siya sa sobrang sayang nararamdaman niya. Si Johann naman ay hindi maalis ang tingin sa kanya. Parang hindi pa rin ito makapaniwala na ikinakasal na sila. Halos hindi na nila maintindihan ang sinasabi ng paring nagkakasal sa kanila.

"Now, it's time for the exchanges of vows.."

Wala silang naka-prepared na vows. Mas gusto kasi nilang on the spot tutal hindi rin naman nila masusunod ang vow na ipe-prepare nila kung sakali.

"Babe, you know how much I love you. Kase nga diba, ako yung nag-propose sayo.." bahagyang natawa si Johann sa pasimula niya. Umpisa pa lang ng wedding vow niya, naiiyak na ang groom niya.

      "I pledged to be your loving friend and partner in life. I'll listen to you, trust and appreciate erything that you do. .I will be with you through richer or poorer. I will support you to whatever plans you will have in the future. I promise to fulfill all my duties to you as your wife. Ako yung magpapakalma sayo pag pressured ka sa business.. I'll make you happy whenever you feel down.. I'll be your doctor and nurse if ever you get sick.. I'll be your round the clock personal assistant and I would be willing to serve you as my husband. Alam mo naman na mas matindi pa sa whirlwind romance ang lovestory natin. And that's what made us stronger.." hindi na niya napigilang mapaiyak habang nagsasalita. Even her mother is crying too. Si Jazz naman ay maya't maya ang punas ng luha.

   "I promise to share all my thoughts and dreams as we build our own family. I officially join my life with you. I'll go wherever you go.. Face whatever you face.. For good or ill, in happiness and sorrow.. I will love you with no reservation, comfort you when you're stressed, encourage you in all of your plans, grow with you in mind and spirit. I promise to be all that you need— your sidekick, counsellor, coach, best friend and wife. I promise you myself.. Don't be afraid whether you're doing the right thing or not.. A woman is a reflection of her man. As long as you see me happy, you're doing the right thing..

         From this day onwards, no storms will break us apart. When the time comes that we're gray and old, and memory loss will come to us, I promise to always remind you of our love in whatever way I can.. You're my first and only true love. At ikaw lang din ang hahanapin ko sa kabilang buhay. I've already proved my love to you and i'll never get tired of proving it to you in every mornings of our lives. You'll be mine forever and I'll be forever yours. Till the time He takes our breath away. I won't say till death do us apart.. Cause i know, even in our second lives, we will still find a way to find each other. I love you more than words can say and I know you feel it.. I love you so much.." she ended her vow with a smile.

Johann wiped his tears before he get the ring he will give to her bride. His hand is shaking when he reached for the microphone.

"Babe, do you remember the first time that I met you? It shocked me to know that there's someone capable of going against me.. I only saw you as the little annoying, impulsive blabbermouth Chinita girl with that addicting vanilla scent. I didn't know that you'll have a massive impact in my life. And when I finally realized that you got me head over heels in love with you, I couldn't get you out of my system.. It just felt to right. Remember when I tod you that I don't believe in love and forever. Hindi ko naman inakala na may kakayahan ka nga palang patunayan sa akin yun. You showed me how great and powerful love is. And so there I was, succumb under your spell..

      We've been through a lot, babe. We had our shares of ups and downs. I'm so thankful that God gave you the strength to endure all the pain that I caused you. I will forever regret those days that you were all by yourself drowning yourself to tears because of me.. Babe, lahat yun pinagsisisihan ko. I can't forgive myself for doing that to you. Because of your love, I became a better man, not only to you but to all the people surrounding me. You didn't force me to change my old habits.. I just found myself doing what's right beacuse I want you to be proud of me.

     At ngayong nabigyan ako ng ikalawang pagkakataon na patunayan sayo ang pagmamahal ko, ipinapangako kong gagawin ko ang lahat wag ang ulit tayo magkalayo. I'd be willing to help you in your hobbies. I'll massage your head whenever your migraine attacks. I'll prepare your bath after a long day of work. I'll lake you happy in every possible way that I can.. I'll do my best to make you smile in contentment everyday with all the things that I can offer you. You know that I can give you everything that you'll ask for. And today, I'm giving you my name as an installment. I've been dreaming to see you writing your name with my last name. At ngayong araw, matutupad na yung pangarap ko.

      Today, as we stand in front of God and all of our loveones, I'm surrendering my whole being to you in exchange of your infinite love to me. We'll start a new chapter of our lives where we will have the family we both have been dreaming of. I can't wait to see you carry our child.. to watch you get anxious of how you're gaining weight and to see you get excited as your baby bump gets bigger. I promise to be the best father to our future kids and to be a loving husband you, my wife..

     I'll be with you throughout the remaining days of my life.. to watch you sleep in my arms. Carry you around when your knees starts to weaken.. To still adore you even if your hair starts to gray.. To caress you even if your supple skin starts to wrinkle.. And to still love seeing you laugh even if you lose your teeth one by one because of old age.

      Huwag na huwag ka na ulit mawawala sa akin ha. Huwag na huwag mo na ulit ako kakalimutan.. I lost you once and I won't let that happen again. I'm so happy today. Hindi matutumbasan ng pera ang saya na nararamdaman ko ngayon.

        Mamahalin kita araw araw.. Kaya kitang mahalin ng mas matagal pa sa forever.. Death will not make us apart. It will only bring us to another place and another time where we will both live and collide. Mahal na mahal kita, babe.. Sobra."

She burst into tears when Johann finished his vow. He hugged her tight. She dreamed of this scene before. But reality is much better. When the officiating priest announced them as Mr. and Mrs. Angeles, their guests went crazy. Masaya siyang makitang masayang masaya din ang mga taong mahal nila sa buhay.

And as the sun sets lazily at their background, Johann gave her his sweetest kiss ever.

She's glad that she has the strength to bare all her pains. She will never regret every single drop of tears that fell from her eyes because of Johann. She's thankful she didn't gave up on him..

And now, she's the happiest woman on earth because she knows all her pain and sorrows were worth it. She did everything for the love of her man..

Everything.. For the love of Johann..

                              END