Chapter 27: Workin' At The Car Wash

-Alison's P.O.V

"Alison! Get your booty down here! It's time for sibling bonding time!!!!" Liam yells from downstairs.

"Get your panties out of a wad! I'm coming!" I shout back for about the millionth time.

I finish tying the laces on my black converse and give myself a quick look in the mirror. I look down at the skinny jeans, plain white tee, and dark blue beanie that I'm wearing and sigh. 'I hate the way I look,' I think to myself. I drag my feet down the stairs after grabbing my phone and walk towards the boys who are all sitting on the sofa.

"The princess finally arrives!" Zayn teases me.

"The princess finally arrives," I mock him."Let's go, I haven't got all day!" I yell to Liam who has yet to stand up from sitting on the couch.

"Uh no, we've all got to have a little talk first." Liam replies.

"Ummm...What did I do?" I ask nervously, cowering down a little as I sit down in a chair that was conviently placed directly across from the sofa.

"Nothing. We just wanna know some things," Louis says.

"Er, okay? Ask away, I guess."

"When we were doing the interview, and Zayn chased you back into the makeup room? You called yourself fat, and said we were lying when Lou told you that you're beautiful. What was that about?" Niall asks me.

-Niall's P.O.V.

"Uh, I'm not exactly allowed to talk about it." Alison mumbles and cowers lower in the chair we brought out for her.

"Why aren't you allowed to talk about it?" Liam asks her.

"He'll hurt me...." She says quietly. I see tears start running down her cheeks and I have to fight every urge I got to grab her and just hold her as she cried.

"Alison, who will hurt you?" Harry asks her.

"Brandon..." She mumbles in a low voice.

"Who?" I ask her.

In a slightly louder voice, she says," Brandon."

"Who?" Zayn questions her.

The tears are coming down like rain from a hurricane and I have to pinch myself to keep myself from going to her and wiping the tears away.

"Brandon!" She yells, surprising us all.

"Honey, would you mind telling us who Brandon is?" Liam asks her, then grabs her and wraps her into a hug.

"He's my stepdad?" I think I hear her say, but I can't be certain. She's talking into Liam's sweater.

"How long had he been...hurting you?" I ask her.

"I don't know," she mutters. "I guess, for about 2 years now.."

"Well why didn't you just like, run away or something?" Harry asks her.

"I couldn't. If I did, then he would've just hurt my mom. Shaley was my rock through it all. I always went to her house whenever I could." I watch her try to fight the tears that are still flowing freely down her face.

Right then, Shaley comes downstairs and sees Alison crying and the rest of us sitting on the couch, watching her. "Why the heck did you guys make her cry?!? Losers!" She yells at us. "C'mon sweetie, let's go get you cleaned up.." She says to Alison then gives us disapproving looks.

"No, Shaley. I guess I better tell you, too." Alison stops her. She sighs then confesses," Remember how I was always at your house over the past years. And how we barely went to my house, and when we did go, it was only when Brandon was gone? That's because he was.... he was abusing me.."