Therapist

Tom took a large drink out of his flask hoping to get these dark thoughts to go away. He had a pounding headache, he groaned and ran his fingers through his hair. His body ached but he didn't understand why. He laid down on his bed and sighed, he hated feeling this way he wished he could just feel normal. Maybe going to his therapist wasn't such a bad idea. 

    He felt the way he had before he slit his wrists. He didn't want to hurt himself but he felt it was the only way to numb this pain he was feeling. He pushed himself up and headed down to find Tord, he looked all around the house and then checked the last place he could've been outside. Sure enough, he was outside smoking a cigar, he turned his head toward Tom as he walked outside ¨Oh hey Tom¨ Tord greeted smiling at Tom. ¨I...was wondering if maybe you could drive me to my therapist Tord¨ Tom tapping his hand against his thigh. 

       Tord nodded ¨Of course I'll drive you Jehovah¨ he agreed putting out his cigar. ¨Just let me go grab my keys and we'll get going¨ Tord said before going inside. Tom tugged at the strings of his hoodie and waited for Tord to return. Tord came back out and he had the keys to his car clutched in his hand. They got into Tord's car and Tom buckled his seatbelt. 

    The drive was filled with rather awkward silence, Tom looked down and sighed. Tord glanced over at Tom every chance he got to make sure he was okay. Tord slowed down and came to a stop at a stoplight. He reached over and put his hand on top of Tom's and smiled softly at him. Tom looked up and smiled faintly at Tord, Tord pulled his hand away and put it back on the wheel, he turned into the parking lot of Tom's therapist.

     The two went inside and Tom checked in, Tord and Tom waited for his therapist to call him back. The waiting room was empty besides the two, Tord tapped his foot against the carpeted floor and sighed. Tom looked at Tord and he put his hand on Tord's just like he'd done to him in the car. Tom's therapist poked his head out and called Tom back, Tom pushed himself up to his feet and then smiled at Tord ¨I'll be back soon okay?¨ Tom said, he walked off before Tord could even say anything. Tom worried Tord sick constantly especially when they were apart and Tom was on his own, Tord knew the brit was more than capable of protecting himself but that didn't stop the Norwegian from worrying.

      Tom laid on the chair as he was asked about a variety of different things and he jotted down Tom's response. ¨So why'd you come to me today Thomas?¨ he said tapping his pen against his leg. Tom sighed and closed his eyes ¨I started feeling suicidal again earlier¨ Tom explained ¨I was told to come to you if I ever felt like that¨ he said quietly, just barely above a whisper. ¨Would you ever consider killing yourself?¨ his therapist asked. Tom opened his eyes ¨That's what suicidal means¨ he said flatly with a sigh.

   Tom started to regret coming to his therapist, the feeling had come and gone. ¨You are no help, I'm going home¨ Tom said standing up. ¨Thomas have a seat we aren't done here¨ the white-haired therapist demanded pointing at the chair Tom had been sitting at. ¨You may not be done here but I am¨ Tom snapped. ¨Remember how we talked about taking deep breathes when you get angry Tom, maybe you should try that¨ the man suggested calmly. 

¨You don't tell me what to do¨ Tom growled before leaving the room. Tom went back out to Tord ¨Let's go¨ he mumbled angrily before stomping out the door. Tord got up and followed Tom, confused as to why he was so mad he's supposed to come out and feel better, not worse. Once they were in the car Tord looked over at him ¨Are you okay?¨ he asked, casting him a worried look. ¨Just drive¨ Tom growled, Tord nodded and pulled out of the parking lot.