Behind the hatred

Tom went on a walk to clear his mind, being cooped up in that house was making him extra irritable. He took a deep breath, taking in the cool air around him. He had his hands buried in the pockets of his royal blue hoodie. He felt guilty for how he stormed out, the weird feeling just took over him sometimes. He'd felt the feeling before but it wasn't as strong as it has been recently.

    His mind kept on drifting back to Tord no matter how hard he tried not to think of him, he just couldn't get him off his mind. He didn't understand why this was, he hated Tord but if he hated Tord why did he have the urge to hug him earlier? Why did he enjoy the sound of Tord's voice? Why did he yearn for Tord's attention? Then he thought about how his mother used to tell him not to bottle up his emotions. These emotions Tom was feeling was something that made his heart feel like it was going to burst out of his chest, he had a crush on his worse enemy. He whispered to himself ¨I have a crush on that commie bastard¨ then looked down. He bit his lip deep in thought, and then a car zoomed by causing him to jump a little.

    He turned around and began heading the way he'd come from. Okay, he'd established that he had a crush on Tord but he was not going to make it obvious. He was going to act normal like he and Tord had each other because they do, Right? Tom began questioning everything including that maybe Tord didn't hate him. Would he have come and checked on him if he hated him so much? Would he have tried to stop him from leaving?

     Maybe Tord wasn't such a bad guy after all....maybe. Before he knew it he was at the front door again he opened the door and walked inside. The door slammed closed behind him, breaking the silence. Tom went into the living room, the television was off and the room was empty. He went and knocked on Edd's door, he needed someone to talk to and if he was going to tell anyone he liked Tord it was going to be Edd. Edd was always extremely understanding and had always been there for Tom when he needed him the most. Edd opened the door, and then a smile appeared on his face ¨Tom! You're home!¨ he exclaimed throwing his arms around Tom.   

     Tom hugged Edd back and then pulled out of the hug, growing really nervous. ¨Edd, there's something that I need to talk to you about¨ Tom explained, looking into his chocolate brown eyes. Edd nodded and grabbed Tom's hand, pulling him into his bedroom and shutting the door behind himself. Tom sat on Edd's bed and Edd plopped down beside him. ¨It's about Tord¨ he started.  ¨Go on¨ Edd urged looking the male in his dark eyes to show he was listening. 

   Tom took a deep breath, collecting himself before he started ¨I get this really strange feeling around Tord, like a feeling in my chest that makes it hard to breathe around him. He makes me mad sometimes but I don't hate him, I think I like...Tord¨ Tom explained, in between shaky breathes. Edd looked at Tom, looking extremely shocked.¨Wow, I had no idea¨ Edd responded. ¨Yeah, me neither¨ Tom grumbled looking down. ¨Hey, listen to me¨ Edd instructed in a soft voice.

    Tom looked up at Edd ¨Tom you are an amazing guy, sure you have your flaws but we all do. If you are sure you like Tord I think you should go for it. If he rejects you then he'd be missing out¨ Edd reassured putting his hand on his shoulder. ¨Thank you Edd¨ he replied with a grateful smile. ¨Anytime Tom!" Edd chimed with a bright smile. Tom got up and began to head toward the door. Tom quickly turned around ¨And absolutely do NOT tell ANYONE¨ Tom demanded emphasizing the anyone. Edd nodded in agreement and with that Tom turned around and headed to his room. 

      Tom flopped down onto his bed and sighed, closing his eyes. He got up a few minutes later and refilled his flask before returning to his room. He took a large swig out of his flask and put his flask back in the pocket of his hoodie. He picked up Susan and began practicing the new song he was learning. He hummed along softly, letting his fingers find the strings.  

He closed his eyes, he knew Susan so well he could play her with his eyes closed. Tord walked past Tom's open door and then paused. He turned around and stood in the doorway, leaning against the doorway. Tom continued playing, oblivious to the fact Tord was standing in the doorway. Tom finished the song and then Tord smiled and clapped. Tom's eyes snapped open and he glared at Tord ¨What are you doing?¨ he asked, raising an eyebrow at him. 

¨That sounded great Jehovah!¨ Tord exclaimed with a smile. Tom studied Tord, he figured he was joking. ¨Thanks?¨ he replied sounding unsure. ¨Why do you sound so confused?¨ Tord questioned crossing his arms over his chest. ¨Because you are usually not sincere when you say something like that¨ Tom said putting Susan down beside him. ¨Well I meant it¨ Tord assured Tom with a smile.

    Blush consumed Tom, that smile made butterflies arise in his stomach. He hid his face from the Norwegian. Tord approached him kneeling down in front of him ¨What's the matter Thomas?" he asked with a smirk. Tom didn't answer, he just sat there quietly hiding his face. Tord put his hand on Tom's leg and slowly moved his hand up to his thigh. Tom shuddered and smacked Tord's hand away. 

   ¨Ah, there's the Tom I know¨ Tord replied with a laugh. ¨Bastard¨ he spat his face the shade of Tord's hoodie.