Black eyes

Tord was studying the clock on the wall. The ticking of the clock was driving him crazy, every second the ticking. It echoed through his brain, was slowly going crazy. The beeping of Tom's heart monitor broke into his thoughts. He went and sat back down in the chair next to Tom's bed. He looked at Tom, he looked so....peaceful. 

  Tom's eyes opened and he looked up at Tord. "Tom!" Tord exclaimed perking up. "Tord?" he asked reaching up and touching his cheek. Tord held Tom's other hand in his "I'm so glad you're okay" Tord said softly. "Don't ever do that again!" Tord growled at him. 

"I won't" Tom replied offering Tord a smile. "You look terrible Tord," Tom said, looking kind of worried. "Don't worry about me, you are the one who's in a hospital bed for god's sake" Tord exclaimed looking deep into Tom's eyes. "Tord you need to go home and get some rest," Tom said softly running his fingers through Tord's caramel-colored hair. Tord closed his heavy eyelids, giving in fully to the gesture.

    "See? You're exhausted, go home and get some rest" he demanded glaring at Tord. "I am not going to leave you," Tord said confidently. "At least go to sleep in the chair," Tom said with a sigh, Tord was so stubborn. "Fine I will," Tord said leaning back in the chair and crossing his arms over his chest. Tord closed his eyes and passed out.

    Tom looked over at Tord and smiled, he stared at the machines that surrounded him. It made him kinda nervous about seeing all the machines. The last time he saw these machines was when....his mother was in the hospital. The memories flooded back, holding his mother's hand as she passed away. His tears blurred his vision and his black tears dripped onto his clean white blanket.