An explosive situation

"Gegyagyagyagya!"

"Shishishishishi!"

You giggled at Vivi's horrified expression as she sat timidly before the giant, before taking another bite of the dinosaur meat, "Y'know Cap, if you'd wanted a good view, you should have just called me. Although playing around on dinosaurs sounds pretty fun."

"Gegyagyagyagya! She's right ya know!" Dorry's laugh boomed around the island. "When I found her, she was almost at the same height as myself!"

Luffy pouted, "But you ran off without us. And you said we were going to go exploring together. Meany!"

"I SAID NOTHING LIKE THAT!"

"DID TOO!"

"DID NOT!"

"DID TOO!"

"DID NOT!"

"DID TOO!"

"DID NOT!"

"BOTH OF YOU BE QUIET!"

"QUAAAAA!"

The giant tilted back his head and roared with laughter, slapping his leg hard, "What a funny little crew!"

You smirked.

Luffy tore off another piece from the large hunk of meat he was sitting on, "Anyway gramps, why are you living alone out here? Don't you have a village or something?"

Dorry's grin dropped, "Yeah I have a village. Elbaf the Village of Warriors. Somewhere out on the Grand Line."

"The why aren't you there?" You frowned as you chewed on a particularly large hunk of meat.

"Our village has laws." Dorry peered down at you, grimacing.

"Laws?"

"For example: to settle a fight, the opponents must leave the village and accept the judgement of our god, Elbaf. Elbaf grants divine protection unto the rightful victor. That rightful victor is allowed to live."

Luffy frowned, "Your god Elbaf?"

The giant calmly gestured to his battered sword and shield, "Well, I started a feud. And to this day, another man and I have used this island as our dueling ground. The rightful victor shall triumph and survive." He laughed his strange laugh, "But it's been 100 years, and we still haven't settled it!"

"You guys have been fighting for 100 years!?" Luffy's eyes widened dramatically.

Dorry tilted his head questioningly, "Surprised? It's nothing to be surprised about."

"Giants supposedly live about three times longer than humans."

'Really? That's awesome. Why didn't you tell me this cool stuff earlier?'

"It wasn't necessary."

'NECESSARY MY ASS!'

You slapped your left shoulder, before crying out in pain.

"You idiot."

Dorry glanced at you with a raised eyebrow.

Vivi shot a panicked glance at you as you continued to glare at your shoulder, before turning to the giant, "Fighting for 100 years? Shouldn't you be tired of it? Is there still a reason to keep fighting?" She frowned as the giant started to laugh, "You could die, right!?"

You grinned at her, "Since when did that matter?"

Suddenly, one of the volcanoes in the distance exploded with a loud boom.