Explanations and recollections

The storm had passed. It took some time before everyone wasn't plastered to the deck, too tired to move their limbs. You'd never felt more alive, or part of a team. You were in a team! A proper team! You resisted the urge to squeal. This was so much fun!

"So your name is Saioney (y/n), huh,"

You nodded enthusiastically.

"I see..." Usopp placed his hand on his chin in seriousness. "It is very strange that you have never heard of the great captain Usopp." He nodded, "Yes very strange indeed."

An elongated arm hit him on the head, "I'm the captain, stupid!"

You giggled as you reclined back against the railing. "Is it always this fun here?"

Silence.

Sighing, you took in the murderous faces of the three 'maturer' members of the crew. "I guess I couldn't put this off forever..."

A shing of an unsheathed blade was the only warning you got before cool metal got pressed against your neck, "Talk." His eyes narrowed, "Or you die."

Raising your hands, you felt your face fall slack. Sure, you didn't become best of friends earlier but you'd thought that there would be some sort of connection at least...

Luffy swung off Merry's head, "Uuuh, Zoro? What are you doing?"

"Y'know, Sanji-" Nami flicked her eyes towards the cook- "I'm surprised you're not objecting to this."

"Oi, guys, let's not be too rash..."

Sanji bit his lip, "As much as it pains me to say this about such a lovely woman, she is a threat. I was told stories about her as a kid."

You raised an eyebrow, "Word gets around fast."

"We...I was told that..." He sucked in a breath, "that she wasn't...human."

You snapped your head away. You couldn't meet his eyes. They looked so hopeful; pleading for you to deny it.

A claim you just couldn't make.

The flat of the blade dug into your skin. If it went any further, you'd be in an even deeper hole than you already were, "You've got some explaining to do, Missy."

"Wait...um..." Usopp when you say Missy...uh... you don't mean..THE Missy, yeah?"

Nami took in your face for a bit. "I thought..." Her voice wavered, "I hoped...that tattoo was fake...oh god...we're gonna...we're gonna..." Meeting your eyes, she hastily retreated back into the furthest corner she could.

"Right," you smiled at Usopp, straining a little as he flinched, "I...guess I can understand why you're freaked..." Your shoulders fell, "It's not that much of a surprise really. I look just like that stupid wanted poster." You ignored Mello's comforting touch as you huddled in on yourself, "I have a reputation after all."

"Oh yeah," Luffy sat down on the deck and started picking his nose, "that smoke-guy called you that. So who is this Missy person?"

The rest of his crew stared at him.

Nami dipped her head, never dropping eye contact with you "Missy Sai was...is...a famous freelance assassin from the Grand Line with a bounty of 200 million bellies when she was just 15. She, uh, killed whoever, and whenever she wanted, seemingly at random. Entire islands of people were killed because of her. She disappeared years ago though, everyone thought she had died." She fumbled with her fingers, "I, hah, I seriously that you'd painted that thing earlier. Maybe you were a fan or something...Not the real deal..."