III. I Sleep For Three Days

The cement room was empty, except for the girl bound and gagged to the chair in the center of the room

    The cement room was empty, except for the girl bound and gagged to the chair in the center of the room. Her blonde hair was tangled, her eyes-which seemed to change color every millisecond-blazed with anger. A trickle of something golden fell out of a cut on her forehead, down her brow and onto her slender nose. A door slammed in the background, and footsteps get louder and louder. She wiggled in her seat as someone approached. Something. The thing that was tall and muscular. His skin was a bright light which seemed to spout fire everytime he took a step. Golden armor covered his skin, which looked very heavy. He walked over to the tied up girl and removed her gag forcefully.

      "You won't get away with this," the girl said as the golden liquid fell into her mouth. She spit at the thing's feet. It didn't seem to like this as it backhanded the girl. She kept herself steady to keep the chair from falling. "My mother will find me. My husband will find me." She didn't seem old enough to be married; maybe sixteen or seventeen.

     Laughing loudly, the thing boomed: "Persephone, girl, you are too incompetent to do anything about this situation." He began to untie her ropes. "Why do you think it was so easy to capture you? Anything to see the Earth floor. Tsk tsk," he paused, "Do you even love your husband?"

     He grabbed Persephone's wrist and yanked her up from the chair. Her white, flower printed greek-like dress was in shreds. "I love my husband with all my heart! He probably already know's where I am- what? What are you doing?"

     Persephone's multicolored eyes widened as the things skin glowed. For a second, the room was white from the blinding light. Laughter filled the room as the color returned. Persephone was on the floor, passed out by the sudden flash of light.

     "You're doing well, Lord of Light," a second, louder voice roared. The Lord of Light's sun-like eyes gleamed and he smiled.

     "I do my best, father."

     The dream shifted.

     A lone female stood in a snow covered field. Tears ran down her face and stuck to strands of blonde hair. She rose her hands in the sky. Snow tumbled down, hitting everything but her. Her posture was odd, like she never did this to this extent before. Blue eyes bounced back and forth. They were determined to get a job done. Nothing could stop this woman, it seemed.

     "Please, bring her back to me. Bring back my Persephone!" The woman sobbed. After another sob, a second figure approached her. Another woman; young, beautiful. Her brown hair was cut short and her same color eyes glowed with annoyance.

     "Gods, Demeter, whining isn't going to make those demigods get her any quicker," the woman sneered as she lifted her white dress to walk through the snow. The snowing fell more slowly, and Demeter turned to the woman.

     "Khione, be quiet and help me with the snow; you know what you're getting out of this." Demeter wiped her tears. Khione sighed and lifted her arms up. A smile grew on her face as if she was thinking of the thing she was getting when this was all over.