IX. Welcome to Trivia

For the past ten minutes, Gwen had been groaning and complaining about Nico di Angelo

   For the past ten minutes, Gwen had been groaning and complaining about Nico di Angelo. I understood, of course. Gwen was dragged into a quest she didn't want to do, and our first lead is to find a demigod without any address; all while trying to keep the snow from killing anything and everything.

   "No address, not even a remote area in California! We don't know where he is..." Gwen moaned into her mittened hands. Cash had made fun of her for those mittens—they had tiny little Pokemon on them.

   We treaded through the snow aimlessly. Brainstorming ideas on how to contact Mr. di Angelo. Iris message, no. We'd need a rainbow and the only thing in the air was snow. Phone call? With what number? All this made me want to pull my hair out.

   Suddenly, Cash stopped in his tracks. I turned my head to look at him. His bun was tucked under a black beanie, creating the illusion that he had short hair. Strands of his hair were flying in the wind. From this standpoint, he looked like a guy on cover of a cheesy romantic novel.

   "Washington, what's the hold up?" Gwen snapped, her high ponytail whipping in the wind.

   "What street are we on?" Cash muttered, rubbing what could be called the beginnings of a great beard.

   "Uh—" I started, glancing up at the sign.

   "Oh ho ho ho!" Cash laughed, with a big grin on his face. "I know where we are."

   "You do?" Gwen questioned. "How sure are you? Being in Camp for so long can mess up memories."

   Cash scoffed and glanced at the short girl. "I came when I was eight, I'm sixteen now. I remember things from eight years ago." Cash motioned to the beaded necklace on his neck, displaying eight beads. The sixth bead displayed a tree on fire, the fire incident Chiron talked about during Capture the Flag? Either way, my eye twitched. "Anyway, there is a library down here, my grandparents used to take me. And I, Cassius Monroe Washington, have a brilliant idea."

   "Monroe?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. Before Cash could answer me, he used his Hermes speed to dash off down the street.

   "Gods!" Gwen moaned. She glanced at me, and grabbed my arm. "I hate children of Hermes." And with that, Gwen and I ran through the snow to catch up to Cash. Emphasis on snow, because we could hardly make through it.

   The snow caused our vision to be almost useless. And with the wind blowing in our ears, we only had eachother to get through the snow. I respected Cash, and his abilities. Even though the snow was like quicksand, Cash still managed to run through it. No one was outside to see him do it, it was like this street was none existent. All the buildings were boarded off, with like wood and stuff. It was like we were zombies and the people were inside for protection.

   Finally, we spotted Cash through the snow. He was gazing up at a building with a small smile on his face. I glanced at the building. It was old, very small, and had cracks in the walls. What was probably was brown walls now were faded to a dull beige. Vines crawled up along the sides, but the snow was making them seem meek and sad. It hurt my heart. Snow covered the cobblestone path to the entrance, and most likely hid the grass underneath.