VII. I Am Offered a Quest

Hi! A small part of this chapter mentions suicide, so here is a lil trigger warning for you all!

There are BoO spoilers in this chapter, read at your own risk!

~

   As it turns out, when you win the Capture the Flag game against the hunters, and get claimed on the same night, curfew gets extended by an hour

   As it turns out, when you win the Capture the Flag game against the hunters, and get claimed on the same night, curfew gets extended by an hour. Everyone was excited, as there was even an 10 o'clock curfew on the weekend. As Cash told me, nobody could remember when curfew had been extended. It was kind of a big deal.

   Right now, the campfire was in full swing. People were laughing, dancing, singing; the nymphs (Yes! Nymphs!) were flirting with the Hephaestus demigods, feeling their muscles and laughing at their bad jokes. A group of Apollo kids just finished serenading me with "The Rain, The Park and Other Things" by The Cowsills. While it was nice, the blush on my face got redder and redder as people turned to watch. Before that, many people congratulated me, thanked me, and my new half-siblings took turns hugging me and welcoming me as a daughter of Demeter.

   I should have realized sooner than Demeter was my mother. The signs were there; potting plants until I was covered in soil, my avid vegetarianism, my fear of stepping on anything plant like. It was staring me in the face, and I just ignored it.

   A hand on my shoulder startled me, making my goblet fall to the floor. Instantly, the cup emptied. It was never ending liquid until you were done. I guess I was done. I turned to the stranger, expecting it to be a new sibling, or Cash; but he was was busy talking to a daughter of Aphrodite. My jaw slacked as I realized who the persons were.

   Thalia and Gwen stood in front of me, arms crossed. Faint red marks were promptly displayed on their skin, from the vines I'm guessing. Their white vests were covered in dirt and grime, but somehow it kind of worked for both of them. My blood ran cold. I tied them up, I tied them up. Could they beat me up? Kill me? Maim me?

   "Oh my Gods!" Gwen laughed. "She's literally shaking!" I glanced down at my hand, I was shaking.

   Thalia scoffed playfully. "Chill out, kid. We aren't going to hurt you." Thalia smiled at me, her black eyeliner made her ice blue eyes pop. "We wanted to congratulate you."

   "Congratulate me...?" I asked. Although, both girls were staring at me, I felt Gwen's bare down on me a little more.

    "Duh," Gwen said as she tossed her brown hair over her shoulder. For a split second, I wondered who her godparent was, if she had one. She was pretty enough to be an Aphrodite child, and snarky too. But... something was off. Like glory and courage was pouring off her.

    Thalia ignored Gwen, and I tried to ignore her piercing glare."You single-handedly defeated two of the best Hunters here, and you weren't even claimed. That's something only you can brag about." Thalia stepped a little closer to me, a sly smile on her face. "You know, there is always more room for new Hunters. I think you'd be an excellent candidate."